Wii, Ps3, or Xbox360?

Which one do you like better?

• Total voters

panop

Reaction score
Well, which one?

I like the Wii myself because of the unique movement when playing games (no matter how lame its games are), but I like the xbox when it comes to games (Halo, anyone?).

What do you think?

Edit: I added the PC in there because it is, after all, a gaming platform as well as many other things....

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
360 and PC; Wii is a bit too childish for me, and the PS3 is just too expensive (and there aren't any games I'm looking forward to).

reichiru

Reaction score
Gotta love my Wii, it's the first game console I've ever owned, been mooching off of my friends beforehand.

Dazz

Reaction score
Wii definitely, only played it once yesterday (father in-laws got one). Played a bowling game and it was fantastic, I love the controlers. Its so different to play and forces you to move your body so is a bonis for all those kids the government says will be 'super fat' LOL

Never played Xbox360 or PS3 but I would imagine that they would probley be best if you want good graphics (Wii's are kind of poor in that respect)

Murty

Reaction score
Lets see...

Wii - Good interactive games and a different method to controlling but the games are a bit lame and childish . Good for a family

PS3 - High quality graphics and allows Linux natively but EXPENSIVE!

XB360 - All round gaming system with good games but the RROD issue is a killer

PC - Games are good for PC but you are limited to the system specs (unless you want to upgrade it)

Those are my thoughts on it.

Splatzone

Reaction score
PC is expandable and upgradeable, moddable and hackable. There's no "WARNING: OPENING THE CASE WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY" on pc's. (At least not mine :))

If Xbox 1 was there I'd've chosen that too, but it's not.

QueenHawkeye

Reaction score
Wii & PC.

I enjoy the Wii, because it's different. You don't sit on your butt all day moving your thumbs and mashing buttons.

Also, I enjoy the PC for it's graphics and it's easier/cheaper to upgrade and there is tons of games for it comparing it to the PS3.

NSChan

Reaction score
360 for the following reasons.

1. Games Varity: the huge mass of awsome games simply rocks outloud, Halo 3 online is great, PGR 4 is sweet

2. Xbox Live: Probably the best online gameing service avaible, even though i had to pay for it, it costs no more than one regular game

3. Controller: destroys the Sixaxis, force feedback anyone?

4. Dashboard + media center: beats the XMB hands down, and the Xbox Live Arcade has a collection of legendary Sega and arcade games

QED PS3 fanboys

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
Let me just find the other million posts i've made about this, then i'll post my answer ;)

Edit: here we are:

IF, you can afford to keep your PC upgraded to play the latest games then of course it is the best. However, that runs into thousands of pounds for the very latest games.

Most people, including me, can't afford to do that.

So, one smaller price every 5 years or so, with a few accessories here and there, is a the better way to go for most people. And they don't have to worry about drivers, or compatibility, or performance requirements etc. It just works.

Of the current crop of consoles though, Xbox 360 without a doubt.

The Blu-ray drive of the PS3 isn't worth squat in terms of gameplay, graphics or sound. Sure, you can put more content on there, but the hardware still needs to process all that, and the developers need to MAKE all that content first. It takes a lot of money.

No game so far has really justified the added expense of blu-ray.

Hardware wise, the 360s graphics processor is actually MORE powerful than the PS3s. The ps3 has a slight edge in processing power, but is more difficult to program for, and hence hasn't seen any real benefit from it.

Plus the 360s online is better, it has more games, and the controller is infinitely more comfortable.

The Wii, is fun to play at parties. But the technology is still a bit to limited to really bring gameplay advancements. A mouse is still more accurate, and the controller still easier to use.

And well, the graphics, sound etc. suck compared to the other 3

Last edited:

shadowdude1794

Reaction score
I pretty much like all the platforms with the exception of the Wii. The PS3 has free online, and some amazing hardware, the Xbox 360 has allot of games, which i cant say as much for the PS3. The PC is fantastic just because there are so many games for it, and online play is almost always free. But the Wii, Nintendo had such a good line of systems (with the exception of the virtual boy), and just starting with the name, and ending with the controller, i just can not help but hate the Wii

Sohail

Reaction score
This thread has come up soo many times and we all know PS3 is the best. I would list the amazing reasons why it is a value for money but iv'e had to do this soo many times so iv'e got tired of typing the same things all the time so I give up today. Trust me - the PS3 is definitely worth it!

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The 360 is the best gaming console out. No question about it. I look at the games on the Wii and I see nothing but mario rehashes and minigames. That's fine if you're a mindless drone or a grand mother but I want content with my games. Then I look at the Ps3 and it's leaps and bounds better game wise compared to the Wii but theres nothing worth purchasing one for yet.

The 360 on the other hand has so many great games, especially this holiday it's sick. Not only that but most multiplatform games look and perform better on the 360 contrary to what the PS3 fanboys think.

The PC will always have a place in my heart though. A lot of the 360's games are on the PC but I'd rather have them for the 360 just because of achievements. This is of course not true for games that are meant to be played with the mouse and keyboard I.E command and conquer and UT3.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you made this multiple choice when the question is "Which one do you like better?" I voted for them all out of spite. Ha!

Truthfully, I prefer the PC because it can be more powerful than any console and can also use controllers of other consoles like the Xbox 360 and Wii. It can also play games of other consoles through emulation.

On the PC you can not only use it for gaming, but also work. It doesn't only play games, music, and movies, but it can burn them to discs, too.

excid3

Reaction score
Ok well PC is hands down the winner. After all these consoles are just becoming PC's having to install games to the hdd before you can play. Not much difference, they just use a controller instead of a mouse and keyboard...which is slowly becoming less of a trend as UT3 is rumored to support mouse/keyboard on consoles. :D But my roommate has a PS3 and my suitemate has a 360 and a wii. Id give the PS3 the prize for this. PS3, especially now with the $400 version blows the others out of the water. Wii is innovative yet its become a novelty item, no hardcore players. PS3 got crap for being expensive, but the 360 breaks easily and ends up costing just as much as a PS3 if you buy the extras to make them equivalent. But including PC in the mix...PC wins HANDS DOWN. Infinite upgrades...freakin games are programmed on PC first hand anyways. Enough ranting. Thats my two cents.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
I voted all but PS3, the only good thing about it is its Blu-ray drive, but it can't be used for streaming; the Xbox 360's HD-DVD drive addon can. PCs are easily upgradable, and the Wii is fun. :biggrin:

WoodsballJesse

Reaction score
I've got a PC and a Wii, but I chose Wii. It's fun to do something different. The Xbox, the 360 and every Playstation ever all play the same way: you sit on a couch and mash buttons. I like the Wii because it gets you up and moving and the games (well, the good ones anyway) are addicting.