WikiAnswers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Do you know about WikiAnswers, the fastest growing Questions and Answers Farm, Wiki Style. I have an account on it, and I am proud to say I am "Supervisor, Vandal Patrol General Squadron, WikiGuide Forum Fanatic, WIT member, and Super WIT member pending". Ya it's kinda long!
Tell more about your impressions of the website!

kkenny

Reaction score
It's not a great website, not that much prestige, and definitely not a reliable source of information compared to wikipedia.

The reason I say this is because teachers at my school accept sources such as wikipedia and other ok sources, and wikianswers is on the do not use as reference list (theirs 3 lists, one you should use for resources, one you can not use, and the rest of the sites are maybes) just because it is not a good site to use.

Yahoo! Answers is more reliable for Q & A.
wikianswers is just some bad website.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I think that all question and answer site are completely unreliable. At least at Wikipedia there are people constantly checking over their information. With these site, they are completely people's opinion with probably no research done about the topic.

Last edited:

vol7ron

Reaction score
I like WikiAnswers, it helped me get my car back in action. There is no manual (no Haynes or the like) for my car model, so things like car repairs can be sort of tricky. WikiAnswers helped me identify the problem and provide a workaround without actually getting it fixed :)

Specialty things like this are probably good with a knowledgeable user community that can build upon others' answers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.