WikiLeaks...

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I was wondering, if it was against the TOS to have wikileaks content on our site hosted here on x10hosting?

I was thinking of having some leaked documents up for reads for people?

Not sure what x10hosting's views are on freedom of speech even if it does deploy leaked documents.

The content is of coursed leaked from gov, organizations, but then that doesn't mean it's illegal content? If such is used as a journalistic view. It just so happens wikileaks is probably the best journalistic "outlooking" source for content.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Nothing I saw on there was worth reading tbh.

Easy answer would be to say to you to link to it. There's freedom of speech, and then there's confidentiality / protection laws. In case you hadn't noticed, freedom of speech is somewhat of a myth. :)

conzone

Reaction score
The harmless stuff is not worth reading (I think, he thinks, not facts or observations from consul staff) or it falls in to good information that falls into Promoting Terrorist Acts.

You have to remember that's information that was "leaked"/ stolen data and most country's have laws on that.

The US has the "Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism" aka the USA PATRIOT ACT
which is being used mainly against its own citizens, for just saying "I'm going to kill you" on the phone.

So do you really think its a good idea ?

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Okay I understand. Wouldn't be too harmful to just quote things in a blog post for example.

Also I have to wonder as to what the government is going to do with the larger news agencies out there, like the New York Times...

WikiLeaks leaked the information, and it's founder is the only one to suffer...while the TIMES profits from leaked content and cnn uses leaked content and all these other agencies.

...With that noted...if any real action is brought towards wikileaks, other than it's hosting providers to not host it, due to political pressure, they would have to go against CNN and the NYTimes too...since all have played a part in releasing leaked content.

With that being said, I would also like to ask a question, if someone can freely answer.

If you were to sue WikiLeaks and it's founder...for leaking some content...are we going to sue the USA, and those in the army for a breach on War Crimes? The killing of innocent citizins, with no proper cause.

How can someone in the army honestly say a 10 inch long camera, looks like a 4 to 5 foot bazooka?????? Those members should be sued within acts against War Crimes, which the USA first started such laws to begin with, what in the world create them for then? If such laws are not to be followed.

With that said, I also have to ask another thing, all these "KILL Julian Assange" comments on TV and such...can't such information be taken as threats in a court of law...? There is more to it, to what I am saying but the way I see it...all assange needs is a lawyer to bring some of these guys in the army releived of service due to Murder in any grand or feeble degree. With videos against them, they can surely be tried and sent to jail.

Also Julian Assange is to be charged for treason against the USA for releasing information confidential. But then, Assange as far as I found was never american??? If you are not an american can you be tried for treason against America??? That is yet another peice of garbage, and set of laws to which are not being followed, by those who called such laws and enacted them.

May I also note that anyone that tried to hide information about such murders and videos and content that could be held to hold America charged with war crimes by any organization and fashion, is in fact harboring those guilty or fugitives by offering a safe heavon.

What does anyone think about the information I have provided? To be honest, I am all for freedom of speech, and bringing those who have commited a crime to justice, but do we all honestly think justice is to be provided to this Julian Assange? I am a supporter of WikiLeaks, through donations and such, as you can see, and would love to learn more about your thoughts.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
In short I think the information released the site has been blown out of all proportion. Curiosity got the better of me and what I could see was just inconsequential. I was actually disappointed.

I hope you don't donate through PayPal.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
There's got to be SOMETHING interesting in there xD

Hosting wikileaks stuff would be totally against the ToS, and so would linking to it, but I imagine you could get away with linking to it.

Go Operation:Leakspin! Although Operation:payback is still pretty funny to watch

~Callum

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
There's got to be SOMETHING interesting in there xD

Hosting wikileaks stuff would be totally against the ToS, and so would linking to it, but I imagine you could get away with linking to it.

Go Operation:Leakspin! Although Operation:payback is still pretty funny to watch

~Callum

I did read a few, although probably fewer than 1%, of the documents, but no, nothing I'd consider to be interesting either on a personal or political level. Something about France's two strikes and you're out Internet piracy proposal which is nothing new!

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Probably fewer than 3,000 documents? You sure? :)

~Callum

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Probably fewer than 3,000 documents? You sure? :)

~Callum

No they have released more than that...

I got my hands on 1 archive out of 20 more out there. The archive I have has 21791 files, with 4600 something folders.

Pretty interesting things...I like how many companies are avoiding taxes in the hundreds of millions a year...

Julian Assange...I like the guy, glad to know there are people out there that want the truth set free to the public. Here's one guy using his freedom of speech, and expression and he's going to jail for it....

...ah just donate cash...mail it right to their address. :)

Last edited:

conzone

Reaction score
How can someone in the army honestly say a 10 inch long camera, looks like a 4 to 5 foot bazooka?????? Those members should be sued within acts against War Crimes, which the USA first started such laws to begin with, what in the world create them for then? If such laws are not to be followed.

You must be talking about the news reporter attacked from the helicopter.
Well sitting in front on a PC running it a few times is not the same as sitting in a huey (or what ever it was) looking at a 7" screen.
The risks you pay for being in a war zone.
Like playing dare or chicken" on the freeway.
Que Sera Sera

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
No they have released more than that...

I got my hands on 1 archive out of 20 more out there. The archive I have has 21791 files, with 4600 something folders.

Pretty interesting things...I like how many companies are avoiding taxes in the hundreds of millions a year...

Julian Assange...I like the guy, glad to know there are people out there that want the truth set free to the public. Here's one guy using his freedom of speech, and expression and he's going to jail for it....

...ah just donate cash...mail it right to their address. :)

Snarky said he read less than 1% of them, so I pointed out that 1% of them is 3000 documents :)

~Callum

ddcddc

Reaction score
It's a form of psychological warfare mixed with misinformation... something to keep others occupied why others things are done. The human mind is only capable of taking in so much information. When it is overloaded with information, confusion sets in. I think US gov. tends to use the tactic often. Either make something so complicated that most can't comprehend it....or give false information so what one thinks she or he is comprehending will actually hinder their efforts.

Personally, I wonder if the fact that the world is running out of oil is a good thing. It will limit industrial military activity. Less people being killed is always good. Everything is misused in this world. Resources, religion...ect..ect. Back to planting our own gardens....no bombs or pollution, sounds good to me.

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
No plastic.

The earth running out of oil will not be a good thing, a suprising large amoun of things we use every day are made from hydrocarbons.

~Callum

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Snarky said he read less than 1% of them, so I pointed out that 1% of them is 3000 documents :)

~Callum

It wasn't a lie. I read less than 3000 documents. I read less than 10,000 documents. A lot less.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I didn't even notice, Callpip.

conzone

Reaction score
I stand corrected on wikileaks re : "Fidel Castro 'nearly died'"
Some interesting info......