Will not transfer to web hosting account

Status
Not open for further replies.

civicwalker

Reaction score
Exactly the same as other similar POST.
When I sign in to x10hosting I receive a "Sign in Successful" message however I also receive "Your request is taking longer than usual to process.."
After 30 minutes of waiting for "Please standby while transfer you to your web hosting account." I am no further forward.
Regards
Graeme
My websire url is www.civicwalker.org.uk

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
And what is your ISP? (There's a reason that question was asked in the other thread.)

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You're welcome, but I don't know how much good it will do. Of the three people who've posted problems recently, each uses a different ISP. It could be that they are all blocking the port for cPanel (by the way, have you ensured that if you are behind a firewall that you control, such as your operating system's firewall or anything built into your router, is allowing communication over port 2083?), but it has been the case in some previous instances that a single ISP decided to close port 2083 for their users. (I assume that might have caused some pretty wide-spread problems. But they're "thinking of the children", right?) And it's not uncommon for people to be shut out of their cPanel accounts at school or in the workplace (where the network folk guard traffic with their lives -- you know, in case anyone might accidentally use it).

civicwalker

Reaction score
I've disabled my Kapersky firewall without any improvement. I'm using IE 8.0.6001.18702 browser.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you try to use any browser other than IE? Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc.

civicwalker

Reaction score
Has a solution been found to accessing cPanel via Internet Explorer issue?
I am aware the temporary work around is to use another browser but I prefer using IE.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.