Windows 7

mdusmanasim

Reaction score
I am planning to upgrade to Windows 7. Is the cpanel and account panel compatible with windows 7... especially the webdisk.

harris6310

Reaction score
All things that work on Vista should work on 7 with no problems. Including the web disk.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
At the end of the day, its the web browser that's going to make the major difference to your x10 experience-not the OS. All cPanel and x10 features should work fine on win 7.

ah-blabla

Reaction score
At the end of the day, its the web browser that's going to make the major difference to your x10 experience-not the OS. All cPanel and x10 features should work fine on win 7.
I think the thing being worried about is WebDAV. So, not only the browser is important, since WebDAV is done through the OS, not the browser.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I am planning to upgrade to Windows 7. Is the cpanel and account panel compatible with windows 7... especially the webdisk.

Mainly WebDisk is what you should be concerned about. It should still run without issues though. cPanel/Account Panel won't be broken though, as IE8 will load those up just fine. If you're running Windows XP or Vista and you've been keeping Windows up to date you probably already have IE8 installed.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Mainly WebDisk is what you should be concerned about. It should still run without issues though. cPanel/Account Panel won't be broken though, as IE8 will load those up just fine. If you're running Windows XP or Vista and you've been keeping Windows up to date you probably already have IE8 installed.

But obviously, once Windows 7 is set up and you get on Internet Explorer 8, the first thing you should do is upgrade to Firefox. :)

Internet Explorer: A useful application for downloading Firefox.

hlastimosa

Reaction score
yup i agree , applications from windows vista should work with windows 7 , for now I am happy with windows 7

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Internet Explorer: A useful application for downloading Firefox.
Haha, I love that. I must remember to steal that for something. :)

I'm going to pick myself up a copy of windows 7 as soon as I can get it at a student rate here in the UK. I can't wait. Can anyone pick out ank key features?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
although I've been using the beta and now the RC, I have no idea what I'd pick as key features.

Biggest change that affects the end user might be quick launch field has been taken out, instead you can pin applications to task bar, and get easy access that way, though it soon becomes a limitation if you want many apps there. The use of a widget to replace quick launch can solve that, there's one called "app launcher" that works very well. You get a panel with small icons for the apps, and shortcuts, you add to it.

If you used vista previously you'll notice that there's no side panel (for good and bad) and all widgets can be placed where you like them on the desk. I say bad because I prefer having them on the left side of my screen, which leads to files ending up under them occasionally as top left corner is the default placement of (new) files on the desktop.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks LadyAnna. I have used vista, but got fed up with it being so slow, so I'm now using good ol' XP Pro.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried vista as well, and on the same computer it seem a lot faster with windows 7 then it did with Vista.

Works fine for me although I am below the recommended on RAM (I've got 1 gb, recommended is 2 gb if I'm not mistaken). Will have to buy me some more eventually.