windows 7

kkenny

Reaction score
I don't know. Probably might see how it works on a friend's house. I am just a winXP user, never bothered with Vista because I just didn't want to learn the new interface. If Win7 is really great, then I'll get it. But until then, I'll wait and see.

Zangetsu

Reaction score
i hope it gets better then vista cuz vista was a disaster imo, i hope they remove that annoying permission thingy from the OS i also hope they add office or some features of office to the OS

fempower

Reaction score
I'm not getting it unless maybe there's some really awesome program that won't run on any other OS. And even then, I'd try to use an emulator or virtual OS first.

vol7ron

Reaction score
Meh, people said vista was gonna be awesome until they got it. And then everyone's like 'nooo vista is all buggy and virusy and bad'.

History is repeating itself, it's going to be like Windows ME and 2000 all over again. ME was a rubbish OS for its time and then just a little bit later 2000 came out, sure it was buggy but it was and still is one of the best OS's around. Vista is the crappy version and then Windows 7 is going to come along and make history and be the best OS. Then they will make something that is an improved version of Windows 7 like XP is a improved version of 2000.

I think this all attributes to the early release of "Windows 7" aka Vista. Windows 7 was the original design for the XP/Server2003 update in 2005, but it was put on hold. Then Windows had to revise XP because of the Blaster worm. Eventually, Vista was released in the interim, basically as a XP/Win7 hybrid ~ mainly an XP OS with some of the features planned for Windows 7.

Now Windows 7 is back on, as the original upgrade to XP. All I know is that it should work better with the coming hardware. I think there'll be less boot-time services that Vista currently has, and possibly the capability to run Virtual Machines (VM) natively on the OS.

No product that microsoft will ever make will be anywhere near as good as Linux, Lets see doing the same thing when I had vista in 1 year I had something like 6 problems with viruses and they weren't pretty ones. On Linux in the 8 months I've had it I've had 0 problems with any kind of malware. Also Linux looks nicer and is more user friendly.

As far as Linux looking nicer and being user-friendly, that's pure subjectivity, but the truth is, put Linux on 95% of users machines and I guarantee you it will not be as secure as you think it is. Hackers/thieves need the numbers in their favor - just so you know, anything is hackable.