windows 7

masteraa

Reaction score
I whish more information would be released, I hope it really is what we have been looking for in a os, nothing too out there, but something stable that does it all, with something easy on the eyes.

Really im Sick of all the "dont buy vista, wait for the new version, or buy xp people. Ive been on vista over a year now, ive been just fine, if not in most cases i think vista has been workign better for me than xp.

I really think windows 7 is going to be more like xp thant vista is like xp.

And they need to release only 2 or 3 versions, not 7!

Ie:
Light
Premium
Busness/Ultimate

Release a light versoion of the os, (not the embedded stuff, but a full blown os, that can run on those other computers.)

There are so many people out there who just want a computer for email, photos, internet/google and mayby a youtube video or two. Really all those kind of people need for that is 800mhz cpu, 512 mb ram, and a 20 gb hd, and your good to go.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
But if you have a lot of photos, you'll need a larger hard drive.

I think Windows 7 will be awesome. When a beta is released I'll either dual-boot with Vista or put in a virtual machine, depending on system requirements.

kirtik

Reaction score
Meh, people said vista was gonna be awesome until they got it. And then everyone's like 'nooo vista is all buggy and virusy and bad'.

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
lol thats so true, but thats because they rushed it; i think that windows 7 is gonna be good tho

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
After the botched release of Vista, I don't know if Microsoft will ever churn out another decent product. Although Windows 7 is modular, there are rumors going around that this may become subscription based, i.e. pay $10 a month for the media player addon, etc. If that does happen, open source definitely has a chance.

Nathan H

Reaction score
Meh, people said vista was gonna be awesome until they got it. And then everyone's like 'nooo vista is all buggy and virusy and bad'.
http://www.mojaveexperiment.com/ is a site i recommend you visit kirtik.

And i doubt it would be subscription based, you may have to pay for each module, but that would bring the overall price right down, cause you wouldnt have to pay for things you already have.

scorch94

Reaction score
What?! Pay per module?! o_O
What will be the price of fully equipped OS in the end? $2000?
Geez...

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Paying for modules is obsolete. How many people do you know pay for add-ons for Internet Explorer? Pfft guaranteed marketing failure

cowctcat

Reaction score
If that ever happens then microsoft will have completely lost any respect i hae left for it

Nathan H

Reaction score
think i just misunderstood this.

We'll see anyway how it's gonna turn out, because its highly likely there is more than just me registered for microsoft betas on here

guide

Reaction score
Linux is the future, open source will rule the planet. You can get any software to do what you need for free these days. I believe that the market of software is going towards selling services instead of selling products.

Nathan H

Reaction score
i highly doubt open source will ever rule the planet, there is no financial viability in it.

GangLand_game

Reaction score
History is repeating itself, it's going to be like Windows ME and 2000 all over again. ME was a rubbish OS for its time and then just a little bit later 2000 came out, sure it was buggy but it was and still is one of the best OS's around. Vista is the crappy version and then Windows 7 is going to come along and make history and be the best OS. Then they will make something that is an improved version of Windows 7 like XP is a improved version of 2000.

chappill

Reaction score
No product that microsoft will ever make will be anywhere near as good as Linux, Lets see doing the same thing when I had vista in 1 year I had something like 6 problems with viruses and they weren't pretty ones. On Linux in the 8 months I've had it I've had 0 problems with any kind of malware. Also Linux looks nicer and is more user friendly.

Nathan H

Reaction score
I think the main probloem with "What is the boest OS" is personal preference, i love windows and linux but for different reasons, Windows has always been (and still is) my favorite personal PC OS, but i'll always use linux for my webserver, thats just how they work best. Windows has always been, nicer, for casual use.

cowctcat

Reaction score
vista doesent have anny little problems just one or two huge ones. I had to reformat my hard drive because of a printer problem ugggh