Windows 8 in 2012?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm. They might, although it'll be the same as their previous OS's too - they'll keep support for W7 around for a decent while, especially since a lot of companies have made the XP Pro to Win7Pro/Ult jump, and won't want to make another OS change for a few years -after- W8 comes out too.

Guess what I'm saying is I'm happy on W7 and as long as support lasts, forget everything else, I'm happy and I'm not risking another Vista OS fiasco :)

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
New version of microsoft windows comes with lot of excitement.People in internet is exploiting this by writing news about windows 8.I hope this one is correct.

When microsoft will release it, I don't know.But I do know that windows xp is being used in my country primarily.People are using it personally at home and publicaly at offices, college labs and cyber cafes.

But I am very excited about 128 bit operating system.Let's see how much RAM and which microprocessor it will require?

Last edited:

Hauzer

Reaction score
I'm still using Windows XP on my primary computer and have had the Windows 7 Beta & RC (which of course was amazing over XP). Recently, I purchased a laptop with Windows 7 and I don't plan on downgrading the OS, no do I plan on upgrading to Windows 8, unless it'll be provided as a free upgrade? :wink:

To be honest, I think Windows 8 is coming out too early. Of course, sooner the merrier but I like to think that I'm up to date with having Windows 7. :biggrin:

Either way, I can't/won't complain. :rolleyes:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Somebody pointed out an interesting pattern to me recently;

Windows 3.1 - Good
Windows 95 - Not so good
Windows 98 - Good
Windows ME - Not so good
Windows XP - Good
Windows Vista - Not so good
Windows 7 - Good

Based on this pattern Windows 8 would be the next not so good.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm not risking another Vista OS fiasco :)

I just feel that the big and good os release for Microsoft is Windows Vista, They just released at wrong time. When they released the vista at the same time they released the windows XP servicepack 2. Which ruined everything. The XP with SP2 is become best practical os. And Most of them don't want to upgrade to vista.

And one more problem with the vista is it came in 2006 and at that time asking for whole 1GB RAM is 4 times on which XP runs (256MB) is big thing :).

And for vista the drivers are written badly(buggy) which made it a failure. It is general first time when the os releases the drivers may fails. Which made advantage to XP with SP2.

And about Windows 7, In my opinion It is vista with speed enhancements and perfect timing and also releasing the beta and RC to public made it popular and most of the people get used to it.

Finally, I am not a windows fanboy. When I read that article I truly agreed with the views of the author

I don't have source right now, but when i find it in my bookmarks I will post it. :)

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Somebody pointed out an interesting pattern to me recently;

Windows 3.1 - Good
Windows 95 - Not so good
Windows 98 - Good
Windows ME - Not so good
Windows XP - Good
Windows Vista - Not so good
Windows 7 - Good

Based on this pattern Windows 8 would be the next not so good.

You missed Windows 2000

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
You missed Windows 2000

Windows 2000 was awesome. How could anyone miss it (maybe because it was used more in corporate situations, whereas ME/98 was more popular for home use?).

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Windows 2000 was awesome. How could anyone miss it (maybe because it was used more in corporate situations, whereas ME/98 was more popular for home use?).

yeah that could be a reason. I used Windows 2000 for more than 2 years before migrating to XP.

rhumbaflappy

Reaction score
The article referenced and linked is 9 months old... and it is just idle speculation.

The article's author has less credibility than a Redmond janitor. ( As do we all ).

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
If I had thrown Windows 2000 into the little formula I presented above it would have ruined my entire theory that every other version of Windows sucks. There were also some versions of Windows prior to 3.1 as well as Windows For Work Groups which I also excluded. I was just having a little fun with this topic.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
If I had thrown Windows 2000 into the little formula I presented above it would have ruined my entire theory that every other version of Windows sucks. There were also some versions of Windows prior to 3.1 as well as Windows For Work Groups which I also excluded. I was just having a little fun with this topic.

Bigbucks2528

Reaction score
Could it be windows 8 that destroys the world in 2012? LOL Windows or Google might take over the world, that could be what all the hype it about :p

cpelusoide63

Reaction score
Any reason for your thinking like this?
I think this because in official website there aren' t any information, and in the internet most people distribute modifieds windows with the name windows 8, and many websites says that windows 8 it's fake.

Gonrah

Reaction score
Could it be windows 8 that destroys the world in 2012? LOL Windows or Google might take over the world, that could be what all the hype it about :p

Google is destroying Microsoft. Windows 7 was a lifeboat for the company after the failure of Vista but there is no salvation. This giant will die sooner or later. I do not think that Windows 8 will be their last project but probably it will be the beginning of the end. I'm sorry about these dark thoughts but this company is not going well.

There is still hope but all is in their hands.

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
Microsoft's primary business is operating system, but it is not the only thing they do.Microsoft is a good competitor of Goggle.People says same about yahoo, but yahoo is surviving till now.So I think Microsoft's business can be changed later but it won't die.