Windows Server 2003

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I have recently attempted to setup a server on one of my desktops and would like to see if there is anyone out there that is experienced in setting up Windows Server and would be willing to help me get my laptop and another desktop connected to it. ( Plus, other odd and end things )

sunils

Reaction score
I have already set up a windows 2003 server and made it a domain in a local network and have connected around 10 to 15 system to it.
I can help you to the maximum. Post exactly what is to be done and in what area you need help.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Just a quick question, is Windows Server 2003 worth using on a home network?
I am planning on setting up at least 10 computers on a home network and was wondering whether i should use XP or Server 2003, i am an Anti Vista person, so don't suggest it.

mvd7793

Reaction score
Random Interruption: downloads.channel8.msdn.com -- Free Windows Server among other things if you're a student - And it's legal!

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Please don't hijack my thread to post links. ( There is one already in the forum, please look for it )

HellSheep - so far, I think its a good software, once I get it configured right. I am still looking for someone to help. Although I think Sunils is offering to help, it seems more of giving me walkthroughs and tutorials - instead of actual help.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If i can find out some details about it, i will post a link here for you, if i can find some walkthroughs or guides to help you i will let you know also, information never hurts. :p

Plus i need some on how to set it up as well, so who knows maybe we will both learn something from it. xD

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
If i can find out some details about it, i will post a link here for you, if i can find some walkthroughs or guides to help you i will let you know also, information never hurts. :p

Plus i need some on how to set it up as well, so who knows maybe we will both learn something from it. xD

Thats the thing, I was looking for more than just a how-to guide. ( I can easily look up information as well as the next person ) was looking for someone that can work with me on setting it up.

The initial installation is pretty easy ... its the setup of the various services that can be tricky.