Wordfence plugin Wordpress 4.5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

awaymiss

Reaction score
I'm trying to install the Wordfence plugin on my blog, but it's asking me to put information on the php.ini file. I know there's no way to change that since there are other posts on here talking about how that is a server wide thing and people can't change them. Is there a workaround for the firewall part of the installation that doesn't have me touching anything in any .ini files or messing around with the database? There was a blog post about using the PHP Variables manager, but I don't know what or where that is...

These are the directions I'm trying to follow...Is it possible on this server or not? If not, I'll find another plugin, I just need to know one way or another. Thanks.

https://docs.wordfence.com/en/Web_A...und_and_other_hosts_without_.user.ini_support

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi awaymiss,

Sorry, but while we do allow users to change a small number of php.ini values, auto_prepend_file isn't a value that is currently available to change at this time. Although I am not familiar with Wordfence, this value seems to be quite simple in the sense that it includes the specified PHP file at the top of every script, so there might still be a way of using it. I would contact them about this. ;)

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.