Wordpress 2.7

crazyharp81602

Reaction score
Hi there. Been a long time since I been here. Hopefully everything have improved to the point of me coming back I can blog here again. Speaking of blogging, has anyone tried WordPress 2.7, yet? If so, what do you think of its new format?

Jordan C

Reaction score
I've seen it in one of my friends wordpress.com dashboards, I personally didn't really like the new layout, like the way all the navigation is now on the side.

I do like the way you can do a Quick Post straight from the home page of the dashboard.

I don't know if Wordpress do upgrade packages, but eventually I'll upgrade mine and see.

ninners

Reaction score
I just upgraded to 2.7 today and so far, I think it's fantastic. I really dig the new dashboard; i can finally find stuff faster. I was using the ligher menus plugin before for better menu navigation, but the upgrade has really taken care of that problem for me.

wrhill

Reaction score
I can't wait to try it, just need some time to install and test it.

anirtak143

Reaction score
the new layout is nice, but is quite "heavier" and page loading is slower on my super slow internet connection. hopefully, google gears might help me out

sspelta

Reaction score
Is anybody using the 2.7 release of Wordpress on x10 able to see any content in the dashboard rss panels? I mean in the WordPress Development Blog, Other WordPress News and Plugins panels?

I can't see anything and if I click the configure link I can see the message Error: could not find an RSS or ATOM feed at that URL.

It's just me?

Jordan C

Reaction score
the new layout is nice, but is quite "heavier" and page loading is slower on my super slow internet connection. hopefully, google gears might help me out

I've got Google Gears setup on the old version, it doesn't seem to make any difference, but maybe that depends on the internet connection you have.

anirtak143

Reaction score
I've got Google Gears setup on the old version, it doesn't seem to make any difference, but maybe that depends on the internet connection you have.

yeah, our ISP sux... :biggrin: max is like 45kilobytes/sec