Wordpress Breaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

mode486x

Reaction score
For the past 4 or 5 hours we haven't been able to upload any media files to our site running on Wordpress at all... It just gives HTTP errors among other things.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Stating what the actual errors you are getting are (along with any other debug info you may have access to) will mean that you may actually get a good response. Not giving out needed information like error codes/messages is roughly the equivalent of asking your wall for help with your computer.

mode486x

Reaction score
Erm, it's getting HTTP errors when trying to upload images or a 503. The service with this webhost is awful and we're just going to switch. Thanks bud.

EDIT: Now it's failing to write images to disk. This has been going on for over 12 hours now. It looks like the /tmp directory might be full but it seems I have no access to that.

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey mode486x,

I apologize for this issue, and I assure you we're aware of the issue and are looking into it.

This is, however, a free service. So, if you don't like it--leave.

Someone will post an update when this is resolved.

Thanks,

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
My site (http://podemosjugar.x10host.com/) is also running with Wordpress, and when I try to open it, it shows a message: "error establish a database connection". ¿Any suggestions to fix it?

that would be do to the shared data drive SAN partitions being full or nearly full on free-hosting server [ Absolut ]
MySQL is down
Admins will need to fix that - nothing you can do

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
@magico10: In the future, please do not hijack someone else's thread, and create your own.

From Bryon: Imagemagick was filling /tmp -- this should be fixed now.

mode486x

Reaction score
Again, the problem was only temporarily solved and has returned once again...

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
We're investigating the cause of this now. It appears there might be an underlying problem that was being covered by /tmp being filled up (though it's looking like they're connected to imagemagick).

mode486x

Reaction score
This same issue is still occurring. Any word on when it might been fixed? This has been two days now.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
Please realize that for many of us, this is not our full time job. We have lives, school, and jobs outside of our volunteer help at x10. I do appreciate your patience, and I can tell you that we are working on this.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I've isolated the cause of the issue... we're running some tests before we put the fix into place and then we'll have you guys try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.