Wordpress cant access valid database (Chopin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darksabre76

Reaction score
My website has been moved from Lotus to Fris and it took a while for it to start working again. Finally it did work, then my account was moved from Fris to Chopin (which I didn't know about). Now, when i try to access my site, and try to access my wordpress admin, they both say that it is an invalid database. I'm not sure if I should just wait it out or if i should try to restore my database (which I have independently backed up). Any help or comment would be appreciated

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you try re-adding the user and the database with all permissions?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
I would also go to cPanel-->PHPMyAdmin to make sure the databases are actually there (some did not make the move but there are backups).

darksabre76

Reaction score
I went to phpmyadmin and I made sure that the database still existed, and it did. I also tried re-adding the user and the same error came up from wordpress:

We were able to connect to the database server (which means your username and password is okay) but not able to select the mnadares_mainsite database.

* Are you sure it exists?
* Does the user mnadares_matt have permission to use the mnadares_mainsite database?
* On some systems the name of your database is prefixed with your username, so it would be like username_mnadares_mainsite. Could that be the problem?

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

I also just noticed that when I go to the MySQL databases area of cPanel, it shows that my database exists, but it has no size. I hope that this is just because the database hasn't been moved yet or moved incorrectly, because i found out that my backup database is corrupt.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
You can use PHPMyAdmin to inspect the tables and their contents. The figures in other parts of cPanel are notoriously untrustworthy.

Try deleting the user entirely and then recreating (using password from wp-config) it and reattaching to wp database with ALL PRIVILEGES checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.