Wordpress - Commenting leads to 404

Eon-Rider

Reaction score
For the past two weeks anyone who tries to comment (including myself) on my blog gets redirected to a 404 page. I've posted on the Wordpress support forums for help but nothing suggested has allowed me to resolve my problems.

I'm wondering if it's something to do on the host's side and if anyone has experienced a similar problem.

taha116

Reaction score
Honestly i doubt that its the host... I had this a long time ago... basicly its either a problem in your comments template files... wich you can edit from within wordpress.

To prove this conduct a test... Download a pupular simple and stable theme and test it out... then try posting a comment... if it works its not got to do with anything but that theme your using... Now its probably not the themes fault either. It happens when u edit it too much. It also may be due to a mod you tried to install that does soemthing for the comments section.

Try temporarily de-activating them.... Does it work?

If not then re-activate and go to the comments template yourself and perform a manual edit or post your template code here... I cant do it but allot of ppl could... Although the wordpress forums will be better in that last case.

Eon-Rider

Reaction score
I've tried deactivating all my plugins as well as trying to comment on every theme I have. The error occurs on all of my themes.

getyourshirt

Reaction score
try to upload the files for your wordpress again and see if this will fix the problem. Seemed to have worked in a older case around a year ago.

Eon-Rider

Reaction score
I've tried reuploading the whole Wordpress package twice already. >.<

kkenny

Reaction score
Are you downloading the wordpress package from the official wordpress site?

zapzack

Reaction score
This is likely a settings issue.. Make sure your WordPress settings are all correct..

Eon-Rider

Reaction score
Are you downloading the wordpress package from the official wordpress site?
Of course. I still can't get the comments to work. *sigh*

EDIT: I got someone to help me with the issue at the Wordpress support forums and he found out it was a problem with Akismet conflicting with the x10hosting servers. =\

Last edited: