Wordpress Error: FTP Connection Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

entryle2

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I really need help with my wordpress site. I'm experiencing a problem I've never come across before where whenever I try to activate a plugin my entire wordpress site shuts down and I get the following error message.

"To perform the requested action, WordPress needs to access your web server. Please enter your FTP credentials to proceed. If you do not remember your credentials, you should contact your web host."

upload_2020-1-29_10-39-17.png

Once this happens the entire wordpress site is unusable. I get this error even from the front end. In addition there is no enter button on this error page so I don't think FTP is the solution. Can someone please help me fix this? I've seen threads on it but the solutions I found either did not work for me or didn't seem applicable to x10 Hosting's back end panel. Please help :(

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-29_10-37-50.png
    upload_2020-1-29_10-37-50.png
    127.4 KB · Views: 3

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
did you try your website url then your directadmin credentials ?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have never encountered that either, does it happen on all plugins or just a specfic one?

Which of your wordpress installs are you trying to activate plugins on (I saw two folders in your account that has wordpress related files).

Would you happen to have any link to suggested solutions you tried?

entryle2

Reaction score
I attempted to use the ftp login details but as you can see there is not submit or enter button which is really strange as well.
I also tried this solution
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...server-pleas&usg=AOvVaw3iQii3BbmGLsNOr6HU2sP3

That seems to be how everyone solves the problem

I tried adding define('FS_METHOD','direct'); in the wp config file and had no luck.

I'm working in the 1 folder.

Thanks for helping with this both of you

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
As i mentioned try your website url to the wordpress directory,
for the ftp user name, try the same login information you use for
your directadmin login, or the login you have for https://x10hosting.com/sso/login
not saying this is your case, but sometimes with scripts the "continue" or "ok"
button appears after you enter the correct information.
your screenshot did not show if this is true or not, as the spaces are blank.
just saying.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have dug around on the server, and I can not see anything on file level that would prompt that (all files/folder have correct permissions).

Does the issue come up an ALL plugins, or just a specific one? I see one pop up in the error logs which is why I ask.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I did dig around in your database and changed the absolute path on a couple places in the table "xx_options", not sure that helps though, but can't hurt to have the correct one listed. Could you try now?

With cPanel the path was: /home/USER/public_html
now it is: /home/USER/domains/THE_DOMAIN/public_html

Status
Not open for further replies.