Wordpress stop working after migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

akinet

Reaction score
Hi.

After migration to DirectAdmin my Wordpress installation has stopped working. Nothing is showed when I access to my WP site (oraculo.x10.bz/wp/). I have been reviewing it and finally I have found information in error logs. Every time I access WP site in error logs appears a line like this:

[Mon Jan 13 11:57:06.463012 2020] [lsapi:error] [pid 2576705:tid 140059420358400] [client 193.111.122.62:12989] [host oraculo.x10.bz] Backend fatal error: PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'new' (T_NEW) in /home/oracuv71/domains/oraculo.x10.bz/public_html/wp/wp-settings.php on line 520\n

I have look for line 520 of wp-settings.php and contains this:
$wp_the_query =& new WP_Query();

I don´t know why is this failing now. This WP site was installed in a standard way.

Can anyone help me know why this is not working now?

Regards.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Try switching to an older version of php, you will find this option under "Extra Features".

By default all accounts are put on php version 7.2, some older scripts may use the depreceted mysql_connect function and require older php versions to work properly. Judging by what is causing the error I'm fairly sure that mysql is at play for causing the issue.

I'd recommend working towards upgrading wordpress if this is indeed the case.

akinet

Reaction score
Thank you. You are in the right direction.
Can I know which PHP version was using before migration?

I think I need to run successfully WP to upgrade to a new version compatible with 7.2.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you will probably have to be on an older version to make the upgrade, and you may have to do it in steps depending on what version you are at.

I have no way of knowing what version you were on previously but I would guess on 5.6 as a starting point, because if you were on any of the later it would probably had that particular issue resolved as the functions I mentioned was removed completely after that ones starting with php 7.0

akinet

Reaction score
I've been looking for options to update Wordpress and I've discovered that Softaculous gives me that possibility. But when I try to backup Wordpress (first step to update) this message appears:

Could not connect to database, please check the Username/Password of your database. If changed, please update the details in Softaculous installations using Edit Details.

I don't remember changing the password. So how can I get the password to access my database? I can access to database using phpMyAdmin, but I cannot find where is password stored.

akinet

Reaction score
Anybody know how can I get the password to access my database?

Status
Not open for further replies.