Resolved Wordpress Update Error - Website Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

bringabi

Reaction score
Hello,

I tried to update Wordpress to 5.4 and it quit halfway through. I've since tried installing a new copy of Wordpress 5.4 and get the following errors:

The following errors were found :

• Could not write the Configuration File check_charset.php
  • Could not write the Configuration File soft.htaccess
  • Could not write the Configuration File wp-config.php
  • Could not write the Configuration File _htaccess

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see any wordpress related files in your account, in fact the .com domain seem to lack a public_html folder all together right now, did you remove this one recently?

bringabi

Reaction score
After the update failed & it wouldn't let me restart the update I was able to uninstall Wordpress via the provided Softalicious app. I tried to reinstall Wordpress then got the errors above. After your post I manually went into File Manager, went into the domain folder and created the folder "public_html" only. The Wordpress installation worked! I then uploaded a backup of my website and it failed. I repeated the process X3 then it magically worked. Not sure how or why, not very good with computers but with you, Google and a little patience it all worked out. Thank you Anna!

matrix42

Reaction score
I just had the same error on my domain http://anthroanalyst.x10.bz. After clicking "update" on a few WordPress plugins, my site unexpectedly shut down and I am not able to access it.

EDIT: I checked the forum announcement, but I'm not using Cloud Flare so I don't think my problem is caused by that.

Last edited:

matrix42

Reaction score
I found out how to solve this problem. This error is caused by the new version of the Elementor plugin. To solve it, you need to delete the /public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/ folder and you should be good.

bringabi

Reaction score
Thank you Anna and Matrix42 for responding. Both inputs provide a resolution to this issue. Feel free to close this thread.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I just had the same error on my domain http://anthroanalyst.x10.bz. After clicking "update" on a few WordPress plugins, my site unexpectedly shut down and I am not able to access it.

EDIT: I checked the forum announcement, but I'm not using Cloud Flare so I don't think my problem is caused by that.
It is not only affecting cloudflare it is affecting all servers as they are, it is however more noticeable on cloudflare as they put up their error page, while at least in chrome it attempts to reload the automatically after a short period when cloudflare is not involved and with the intermittent nature, 30 seconds later it may work properly.

Thank you Anna and Matrix42 for responding. Both inputs provide a resolution to this issue. Feel free to close this thread.
I'll close this as resolved then.

Should either of you end up with any more questions please start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.