Wordpress Upgrade problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

eezeee

Reaction score
My site http://wizardspost.com/ is WORKING but a strange problem has appeared.
I was UPGRADING to wordpress latest version when it stalled ( I think) On refreshing it gave the following messages:

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, '__return_zero' was given in /home/wizard/public_html/wordpress/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 166

Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_multisite() in /home/wizard/public_html/wordpress/wp-login.php on line 85

Now I cannot login to my wp-admin.
Can anyone suggest what I should do.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Download the wordpress 3.0 install from their site and make a backup of your existing folders and update functions.php and upload the new wp-admin and overwrite your old one.

eezeee

Reaction score
Pardon me Derek, I am not too much of an expert on this:)
Corrrect me ...functions.php is in wp-admin and I must replace the existing one in wp-admin at my site with the one i download from wordpress.org, is that right?

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
yes

please backup your existing one

eezeee

Reaction score
Hi Derek, Thanks for your suggestion.
I tried it out but the problem is I cannot find functions.php in wp-admin , I saw it in wp-inculdes. When the tried changing even the website did not open giving error as -

Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_multisite() in /home/wizard/public_html/wordpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3525

Also, when i wanted to log in the login page did not open but gave the error :

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, no-reply@x10hosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an Error Document to handle the request.

So I restored the pervious one and at least the website opens now.

I agree it is a problem with wp-admin but how would I solve it? I wonder.
Any fresh suggestions?

All I can say is that to a layman like me reading the following suggests some change to be made in wp-includes/plugin.php
Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, '__return_zero' was given in /home/wizard/public_html/wordpress/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 166

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, it appears something has corrupted, i recommend re-installing wordpress fresh and uploading a sql backup of it.

eezeee

Reaction score
I downloaded wordpress 3.0.1 and installed it.

Good result - The page loads and I can also login to http://wizardspost.com/wordpress/wp-admin/ AND see my dashboard. All the links seem to work properly EXCEPT PLUGINS.

Bad Result - When I click on Plugins on the dashboard I get this error :

Not Found

The requested URL /wordpress/wp-admin/plugins.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an Error Document to handle the request.

On checking the files I note that plugins.php is in wp-admin > includes and another one in wp-includes

Any suggestions what I should do? Incidentally, I had only ONE plugin active ( adsense-delux.php)

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

This line here is of interest:
The requested URL /wordpress/wp-admin/plugins.php was not found on this server.

Since plugins.php is missing from wp-admin please upload that file there and see if that resolves the issue.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

As we have not received any replies i am marking this ticket as resolved. If you have any further issues please re-open this ticket or create a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.