Would this be bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightygame

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just want to know if the MyBB RSS to Post plugin would damage the server. I set it it to run automatically every 10 minutes. Would this do any damage to the server? I hope it doesn't because X10HOSTING = BEST FREE HOSTING EVAR! So please let me know!!

tittat

Reaction score
Are you using any cron jobs? If so please make sure that you have NO more than 1 cron run every 5 minutes.

mightygame

Reaction score
Lol, thanks. I just wanted to make sure because I didn't wanna be damaging this awesome server :D. BTW, aap indian hain? Oh and would Lucid Desktop have any cron jobs??

Last edited:

tittat

Reaction score
Oh and would Lucid Desktop have any cron jobs??

Sorry,not sure what a Lucid Desktop is.....

Just for your info: Cron jobs allow you to automate certain commands or scripts on your site. You can set a command or script to run at a specific time every day, week, etc. For example, you could set a cron job to delete temporary files every week so that your disk space is not being used up by those files.
It can be found under your cpanel. Go to Cpanel>>Cron Jobs.

BTW, aap indian hain?
Yes,am from Kerala(India).You??

Last edited:

mightygame

Reaction score
Sorry,not sure what a Lucid Desktop is.....

Just for your info: Cron jobs allow you to automate certain commands or scripts on your site. You can set a command or script to run at a specific time every day, week, etc. For example, you could set a cron job to delete temporary files every week so that your disk space is not being used up by those files.
It can be found under your cpanel. Go to Cpanel>>Cron Jobs.

Yes,am from Kerala(India).You??

Thanks and my nationality is Pakistani :). India mein maza atha hai?

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
You probably wouldn't be able to run Lucid Desktop. It would probably eat to much system resources. I don't believe there are any crons associated with it, but it looks very much like EyeOS, which is resource intensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.