Would this be classified as host reselling??????

aviate44

Reaction score
To all guru's out there. I would like to set up webpages for a bunch of friends of mine, however they do not have direct access to edit pages or upload content nor do they have a CPANEL/FTP password to access the server to change files.

This seems to be a grey area, where some consider it as reselling / others say it is fine, what are your views?

phoenixreviews

Reaction score
If you're charging your friends to setup a site for them, I would call it host reselling. However, it's a different matter if you've basically volunteered a page or two for them, and they are "donating" some funds to help you pay for the hosting. I'd think the latter is OK, but you should check the TOS for you hosting provider to confirm.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes.

Personal accounts are to be used by the primary owner only. Personal account holders are not permitted to resell, store or give away web-hosting services of their website to other parties. Web hosting services are defined as allowing a separate, third party to host content on the owner's web site. Exceptions to this include ad banners, classified ads, and personal ads.