Would you give up cPanel for better uptime?

How important is cPanel to you?

• I can't live without it.

Votes: 113 35.5%
  • I would trade it for better uptime and stability.

Votes: 205 64.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
I am noticing big time improvement in uptime too on cossacks last three days, looks good so far

greetings, ..Joshua203

I agree you i also was noticing some problem in cossacks server....but now its ok

dotjay

Reaction score
Seems like this problem is heading directly to cPanel...and indirectly to the free users of x10hosting....crap..I recently hoted my site in x10 now I get the feeling that I needd to move my site..but honestly I though I spent very hort time I liked x10hosting

dsbrian

Reaction score
I really want to trade it my site loads in about 50 seconds it is really slow and sometimes it will refresh connection automatic and then it doesnt work PLEASE REMOVE CPANEL!!!!! it seems cpanel login is now on x10hosting.com cool that's already one upgrade ;)

Last edited:

pagao

Reaction score
I'd just like to know if you guys have any other control panel in mind and are sure that it will support and work fine with the number of account that you guys have now. Because I'd hate to change from Cpanel to another control panel to have the same problem any time soon. =/

As soon as I get this answer, I'm willing to vote. =)

Thanks.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I'd just like to know if you guys have any other control panel in mind and are sure that it will support and work fine with the number of account that you guys have now. Because I'd hate to change from Cpanel to another control panel to have the same problem any time soon. =/

Thanks.

I believe at this point in time there is no plans to change panels.

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score

Thanks.

x10hosting is using latest cpanel. They are not going to change it.

pagao

Reaction score
I thought the point of the thread and the poll was to know if people wanted to change from Cpanel and get more uptime and stability on free accounts.
What did I get wrong?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I think a few pages back, Corey stated that changing from CPanel was a last resort. He was pretty sure from the beginning that a solution could be found and it sounds like he's 75% of the way there.

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
yea i also here that but i think it is not stable!!

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
vista panel is not cpanel.. at least it doesn't look anything even close to cpanel.

The way I heard it VistaPanel is custom made by another hosting company, and as such probably not available to other then them selves and their resellers.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
as far as i can tell, vista panel is used by another hosting company that i used to use. The only thing i remember about it was the fact that it was confusing, slow, and underpowered.

dsbrian

Reaction score
Ye its a skin to cpanel i had a site with that skin 1 year ago on a host
Plesk is also nice but 1 year license is cost the same as 3 year license cpanel LOL

Last edited:

Zangetsu

Reaction score
i would give it up but i would like to keep the file manager and the PHPmyadmin since those are the only ones i like to use

taha116

Reaction score
Here is the best solution i could think of

Since the response time usually suks with registering accounts on x10 (no offense, your still the best free host) you should do try this

All new registered accounts and their data are saved onto computer A were they registering is processed up until the part were things go gay with apache editing the config file and stuff.

Then every hour you have it set to autmaticly process the final data and voala.
only 1 extra computer required to do all the work then final changes are run only once an hour and do not need to be processed completely by once computer

If my words make no sense, im sorry, its hard for me to explain my thoughts to people clearly in text and somtimes words but im usualy right.

Anyways i voted i cant live without Cpanel by mistake, i didnt want to vote, I can live without it but i wouldnt exchange it for more uptime either unless another panel with functions such ass these was installed

Serios stuff
CronJobs
Filemanager (duh), with decompression and compression tools
MYSQL (Duh)
PHPmyadmin
Webmail, (just the basic stuff)

Not that bad to lose:
Error pages (not necessary)
Any auto installer would be nice (if you lost this i wouldnt mind much but i know people would spam u alive)
Website builder would be nice too
Virus scanner

Thats all 4 now

Status
Not open for further replies.