www.tehachapircflyer.com not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkadrip

Reaction score
Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

Did a DB check & said it was fine through the CPpanel & a DB repair through the Cpanel still
get that error allthe files appear to be in there proper location in the file manager.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Did it ever work?
Did it just stop working?
Did you make any recent changes?
Chopin, your server, seems to be working with its MySQL at the moment (checked another account that uses Chopin)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you by any chance change your cPanel password? I saw that you use your cpanel username to connect to your database, which means you'd have to update the configuration file for your script (configuration.php in your case) to reflect that password change.

We always recommend that you create a user in cPanel, under mySQL databases, that you connect to the database and use with the scripts. I'd therefor recommend that you create a database user and update the scripts configuration file to use that user/password combination.

linkadrip

Reaction score
Did it ever work?
Did it just stop working?
Did you make any recent changes?
Chopin, your server, seems to be working with its MySQL at the moment (checked another account that uses Chopin)
Yes the site was working fine
awhile back i had an issue with it and changed the Configuration.php to
var $dbtype = 'mysql';
var $host = 'localhost';
and its been working fine up till now
ive been using the same password since i started the site wouldnt think it would all the sudden stop working since its been working for quite awhile just fine but i'll look in the config php file again to see if something may have changed.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Some ideas...

1. cPanel-->MySQL Remote Hosts
Add % to the list if it is not there

2. cPanel-->MySQL Databases
Try dropping the user from the database and adding it back with ALL PRIVILEGES

3. cPanel-->MySQL Databases
Try deleting the user and recreating with the same password and then adding to database

linkadrip

Reaction score
well apparently i have totally jacked it up. so guess i'll just start over i have a backup of the site im apparently not tech literate enough to get the script to reallocate itself with the files in the file manager.
I deleted the old DB apparently that wasn't the smartest move there & created a new one and associated a user with it.
So i have a DB then i changed the Configuration.php and put the new user name and DB in but as can clearly be seen i jacked it up.
tablesession::Store Failed
DB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'patrick_rcflyer.jos_session' doesn't exist SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_session` ( `session_id`,`time`,`username`,`gid`,`guest`,`client_id` ) VALUES ( 'ba19fdd02829708c1b046fd296329b1b','1300745865','','0','1','0' )
so i guess it time to figure out a new plan..Just wish i knew how to get the new DB to connect with the files since there there the site is there but the script is not in the DB

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Some ideas...

1. cPanel-->MySQL Remote Hosts
Add % to the list if it is not there

2. cPanel-->MySQL Databases
Try dropping the user from the database and adding it back with ALL PRIVILEGES

3. cPanel-->MySQL Databases
Try deleting the user and recreating with the same password and then adding to database

I will do this

Status
Not open for further replies.