x10 blocking sockets/UDP -PHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

proje129

Reaction score
Ok so before i buy the full .com for my website using x10premium I want to make sure that all my code works, so I tried testing out a php script that would query a Minecraft (video game) server and ask for how many people thare are, who is playing, whos the owner, you know regular video game stuff, but see the problem was that x10 is blocking the udp sockets, which I really don't know much about, I'm not going to abuse this I just need to ask my minecraft server the information about it at that given time so that I may display it on my website, projectrage.x10.mx/servers.php any elp would be apprecciated, again I'm an aspiring 14 year old web dev looking into php.... I come in peace, not a hacker...

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Ports other than 80 (HTTP) will not be opened for external access on Free Hosting servers; the settings would be server-wide and not per-account.

ace_case

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but could a "simple" mod for Minecraft be made to access a page with POST data to update a database on the website's side, perhaps every 5 minutes or so?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
You could, but I'd recommend making sure the script is secure against exploits obviously. I had done something similar for a signature I had that updated every time someone uploaded nulled software; haven't used that in years, but that only relied on someone viewing/loading the page - in my case it was a c# application, but a Bukkit/Minecraft mod shouldn't have any issues at all either. Wouldn't require anything extra on our end either, since it'd basically be treated as a viewer to the page.

Also as far as simplicity goes, if it's a Bukkit plugin, that's probably easier than you might think to make (except for the website part); I've been digging around in Bukkit's API recently and it is ridiculous in how well documented it is, along with being fairly simple to dig in. Yours would probably be easier than mine since it's not actually using Minecraft objects at all, it'd just need to view the page every X minutes. Regular Minecraft probably isn't quite as simple (haven't messed around with modding that), but just as doable I'm sure since it isn't actually modifying Minecraft - it's adding a function that wouldn't interfere with anything else.

Edit: I should note mine didn't need to send POST data to the page either, but I know it was possible to do in c#, so I'm sure there's a way in Java, even if it isn't pretty. I didn't need POST for mine though since all it did was add 1 to a counter.

proje129

Reaction score
Wow I didn't think I'd get much feedback, I feel love >-<.

But back to the matter at hand here, yes it could possibly be done with the post method because techinically I am quering pocketmine servers (For minecraft pocket edition) and they run plugins in PHP, the only problem is, I don't know pocketmine API well enough to make such a plugin, also I am losing the war when it comes to Database connection, I have seen many YouTube videos and not one single video has actually helped me, but that is for another story, also, isn't their a way, to possibly allow for me to open a port other then 80? Maybe like with special permission, because I switched from 000webhost.com because you guys had simpler cpanels, heck you don't even need cpanels, but I asked the nice folk over their if I could have a chat room on the free website I made, they said as long as their aren't more then 60 people at once it was okay, so I did, but I really left them for you guys because x10 had more, more, priority, you guys don't mind if I have a chatroom, and that is awesome, that means you are not cheap, also i joined because x10 sounds very beast instead of the cheep 000$webhost stuff they got, it reminds me that you priorities my website, and as a aspiring web dev, I prioritze my stuff too, so thank you, and is their anyone That i can request this to?

ace_case

Reaction score
Sorry, but external MySQL connections are disabled, both to and from the server. It's to protect the security of the users and the servers. The only way it could be changed is server wide. I believe the ports are also only changeable server wide. You will have a hard time finding a free host that allows remote MySQL or port opening. I'd check the server it is running on. It is not uncommon for some providers to supply a free webhosting service with purchase of the game server service. That would be the best bet for doing this without some sort of plugin.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Remote SQL is enabled for x10Premium, just not free hosting. It can be enabled within the x10Premium cPanel.

proje129

Reaction score
Oh ok its cool I'm about to make my site premium so i can do the tcp and udp ports but, im still having trouble with the database....

ace_case

Reaction score
If I am correct, only the external database would work if you went to x10Hosting premium. The Ports would remain blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.