x10 can't find my account???

Status
Not open for further replies.

rqwsam

Reaction score
Hi

I've been a free account holder for about 4 years, using it mainly as somewhere to host a few pages with low traffic for myself and some friends, but also as a place to improve my web coding skills, developing a site for someone to replace one hosted elsewhere, teaching myself PHP, SQL, etc. I've always been impressed with the generousness of facilities and the quality of service.

My last project was finished at the end of May and since then due to work I haven't really had much time to do significant amounts of coding. I tried logging in today (username and password have been saved in my brower) and it told me that it couldn't find my account:

There's a problem

Unfortunately we were not able to find your hosting account.

Your account may have been:

• Removed for inactivity; or
  • Suspended and removed for a Terms violation; or
  • Requested to be deleted.
The good news it that you may sign up again now.

I checked my email, there's been no notification of any suspension or deletion so I'm hoping there's just some kind of glitch or misunderstanding. I hope "removed" doesn't mean simply deleting it. I would be very upset if my account has been deleted due to at most 3 months without me logging in.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this or give me some explanation.

Thanks,

RQWSam

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
You need to log into the account portal (sso) at least once per month or your account will be suspended for inactivity. After an account is suspended for 14 days, it is automatically deleted. I am certain this is what happened in your case.

You are free to create a new account.

rqwsam

Reaction score
So it's actually been deleted with no way to recover anything at all???

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, I'm afraid your account has been terminated along with all of its files.
As per Section 6 of our Terms of Service, it is not x10Hosting's responsibility to maintain backups for users on its free service.

Thank you, and sorry for any inconvenience caused

rqwsam

Reaction score
Thanks for your prompt replies. I'm a bit disappointed, though that'll teach me to work too hard at my day-job. I'll re-evaulate and perhaps I'll be back.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.