x10 Gaming Server?

Would you play on an x10 sponsored server?

• I'd like to see an x10 gaming server.

Votes: 43 31.4%
  • I'd like to see an x10 teamspeak server.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I'd like to see an x10 gaming and teamspeak server\s

Votes: 71 51.8%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 15 10.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I know we have a lot of gamers here. I'm looking to gauge the interest of having a gaming server and possibly offering team speak servers to members. So, please vote above or ask questions here.

-Corey

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Ah, teamspeak would be a hot commodity.. I like the idea, but my concern is over resources

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
A gamingx server would sure draw the crowds, but again as Spartan Erik said resources would be a problem.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
you know i'd say yes corey ;) ... just not quite like last time lol

you dont need to be concerned about resources, the connection is the main problem with teamspeak servers... otherwise you can hold quite a lot of them on one server. Don't underestimate the servers :p also, cs an cs:S and other servers like THAT might take up more but not enough that it couldnt run at least a few, again it relies on a fast connection more than the memory to keep one up.

for instance, my crappy laptop can run a 12 slot cs:S server and be full but it only has 256mb or ram and it has a crappy cable connection so it lags a bit. I've also hosted a ventrilo server which is much like teamspeak on server resources.

Last edited:

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I'm not really a gamer, but I would vote for it.
Anything that may make x10 even more popular!!

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, I would like to see a gaming server.

DMacK

Reaction score
Ah, teamspeak would be a hot commodity.. I like the idea, but my concern is over resources
I agree completely.

A gaming server would be cool and a teamspeak server would be a nice addition but the problem seems to be with resources, both these use a lot of bandwidth.

xeross

Reaction score
Definitely a teamspeak server, im creating a game does that fall under game hosting too ?

eddysweb

Reaction score
i think that a game server would be a FANTASTIC idea. The way i would do it, is get a new domain like Clanserve.com (just came up with that on the spot, dunno if its real or not) and then you could have people hosting their clan websites on that, because i no from personal experience, alot of clan hosting sites have alot of popups and ads, which x10 just doesn't have, also i found that alot of them were too n00b friendly and only let you use a few templates that they had setup already, where most people can setup a clan website in just a few hrs. And the advantage of a clan site is that you don't need much web space at all.

To address the problem of the teamspeak server consuming so much bandwidth, which it does. You may be able to reduce the quality or kbs of the voice, making it consume considerablely less bandwidth. I havn't seen the server for TS, only ventrilo, so i not sure if it could be done but that would be an option.

And i think that it would draw ALOT of people to x10s site.

gringo1

Reaction score
Oooo yeaah!A Team Speak servers will be grate!Is that meaning that we can create private TS server for our clan?And yes....can we host our private clan game servers in x10gaming?

Last edited:

Shishir

Reaction score
Both of them are good to have, but does the bandwidth and all are going to support these stuff. Thats you know best.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
Bandwidth would be on a dedicated server at a hosting company somewere. And teamspeak would not take as much resources as game servers and as for a domain x10gaming.com is left over from last time.

Simie

PHP PRO
Reaction score
What I'd like to see is temporary gaming server rentals. (Say, 1 or 2 day rentals). I'm trying to organize a small tournament for some friends, but I don't want to rent a server for a whole month :dunno:

Yeh, so temporary rentals would be fun :p

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
What I'd like to see is temporary gaming server rentals. (Say, 1 or 2 day rentals). I'm trying to organize a small tournament for some friends, but I don't want to rent a server for a whole month :dunno:

Yeh, so temporary rentals would be fun :p

1 to 2 day rentals.. that's a pretty darn good idea! But what if we have hundreds of users who want to rent only one day? We'd have to have a group of staff to manage the accounts on the gaming server :eek4:

Reaction score
An x10 game server and/or teamspeak server would be awesome! So long as, like others have said, the resources don't become a problem.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, it'd be cool, I am getting into gaming so it'd be something I would look into.

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
I wouldn't really care either way. If it is going to severely impact the performance of the hosting services, I'd say don't do it.

I already have gaming servers that I frequent. I like to think that x10 is the best at providing reliable hosting because that's what it focuses on.

Status
Not open for further replies.