x10 Gaming Server?

Would you play on an x10 sponsored server?

• I'd like to see an x10 gaming server.

Votes: 43 31.4%
  • I'd like to see an x10 teamspeak server.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I'd like to see an x10 gaming and teamspeak server\s

Votes: 71 51.8%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 15 10.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goran

Reaction score
It will be nice to make an call of duty 2 crack server and let yust play a people from x10 and make our ligue and cups in call of duty! Maybe will be nice to make an clan x10killer's united becuse there will be a player from whole world!
CHEAR's from CROATIA

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
with the old x10 gaming there was an idea that you would have to pay forum points for a game server or teamspeak or whatnot, not sure if that would be a part of it (maybe for a better server).

also, again, it wouldnt change regular hosting. it would be on a different server, unless corey is going crazy :p

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
That'd be a cool idea, pay x10 Credits for the game servers.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
You can Borrow my VPS for teamspeak.

Sam_xXx

Reaction score
Counter Strike Source Server Would be the best for you guyz if you have good Servers.
Couse we pay for our host about 30 bucks, and its not relaeble, i mean it crushed all the time, does not have much support, server lags as hell.
So If you could run gamin servers i would talk to my clan about moving our game server to your host.

Thanks to all x10 Admins, Stuff, Members

Regards
Sam_xXx

Survive

Reaction score
I think this would be a brilliant idea, for your community and atract many visitors.

I can't wait if you would have a Deus Ex server to host, and it's a very small game that comes under just 500 meg to download. But depending on the price I might go on to this game.

I would love to see you sell dedicated game servers. :D

Survive - Dan

www.b2sclan.com

Simie

PHP PRO
Reaction score
1 to 2 day rentals.. that's a pretty darn good idea! But what if we have hundreds of users who want to rent only one day? We'd have to have a group of staff to manage the accounts on the gaming server :eek4:

I think it would be worth it :p

Maybe have a limit to the amount available, say 4 temporary servers running a day (I don't know how much CPU power a server takes up, so thats probably not a good number of them) and have people book in advance when there is a slot available :)

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
I mean, you could have say a couple of source servers (Day of Defeat: Source, Counter-Strike: Source), and set them up so that x10 can advertise within them (Using the Mani-Admin-Plugin).

Then maybe get a selected few members to administrate those servers (people who know what they are doing in regards to plugin configuration).

Edit: Btw, i know what im doing in regards to game server / teamspeak server administration so feel free to talk to me corey if you get stuck on anything ;)

Last edited:

DarkDragonLord

Reaction score
i dont use TS and rarely TS. So i dont care about them.
I want x10hosting to start selling the entire PC hosting, so i could make a ragnarok server (and no, isnt against law, reverse engineering rules :D)

AND, a Counter Strike: Coundition Zero Server for my Clan :D

1 to 2 day rentals.. that's a pretty darn good idea! But what if we have hundreds of users who want to rent only one day? We'd have to have a group of staff to manage the accounts on the gaming server :eek4:

then, make a 1 Week Pack, so people will have time to rental, setup what is needed and then play. 1 Day is impossible since needs to reconfigurate everything everyday.

legendphil

Reaction score
hao!

whoa! you mean we can avail game servers of our own (if this proposition is approved).. would it be a space to make games, or a space to host games. I'm sorry if I don't know what much of what I am talking about, I'm new to the term.

If it won't kill free hosting why not.. and who'll be managing the gaming server?

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
hao!

whoa! you mean we can avail game servers of our own (if this proposition is approved).. would it be a space to make games, or a space to host games. I'm sorry if I don't know what much of what I am talking about, I'm new to the term.

If it won't kill free hosting why not.. and who'll be managing the gaming server?

Game servers, like first person shooters mostly. Things like coutner strike use servers to play on and the x10 could give out those servers.

As to who would run it, a group of staff like x10 has :happysad:

Chris73

Reaction score
I would have to go with yes. I have but one question. Where would the gaming servers be located?

In either case it would make this place boom. I just would suggest being well prepared to handle anything that might be thrown your way. Like mass interest and a big turnout.

Not to mention i can get a few people here. I am sure for players who play counter-strike source you have heard of Eventscripts. I would really up the referrals on His website to help promote your gaming servers. Just a thought.

Last edited:

chaox

Reaction score
Yes! I think this would be an amazing idea. It would definatly draw alot more attention to x10. I must agree with Chris73 though, be prepared!! xD

knutico

Reaction score
OMG it would be awesome to stop paying for that rented server XD, since I have no job I have so save to pay it

Last edited:

Chris73

Reaction score
Well if you decide to add some CS:S servers let me know. I will apply for the job to help on that end.

Status
Not open for further replies.