x10: Getting Started

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricarix

Reaction score
im new here, i just want to why i can't connect using my username and password, do I have to wait for confirmation that my account is approved? I want to transfer my website to x10 using ftp, error states that it cant connect to the site. pls. help

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I'm posting in attempt to activate my index. Ok, let's see...

Not exactly sure what you meant, but we do not have a posting requirement. If you are suspended for inactivity, its because you didn't visit the forum once in a two week period. Please re-read our TOS to understand what is required.

Also, if you are suspended, we have a form we ask you to fill out ( and not to just randomly post a thread )

chinada

Reaction score
I'm not sure how I can connect to my free hosting by FTP?
Every time I tried, I can connect to the subdomain of my own, but don't know the userid and password. My registered user account and password just doesn't work.
Help me please.

Ozzapoo

Reaction score
the cPanel and forum usernames/passwords are not necessarily the same... Are you sure you're using the right ones?

bobgalka

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification on some things that I was not clear on.

bob

lanetc

Reaction score
Do you have a thread that you can point me to that says where to go to upload the files, etc. I have chosen the add free plan - signed up, etc. I go into account information and have no idea what to do next. I went to http://ns2.x10hosting.com/ and I don't see anywhere to do there. I have my webpages done, my domains bought - I JUST NEED TO UPLOAD THEM!@#!@#

sunils

Reaction score
Thanks for choosing x10 hosting. you can upload all the files in the public_html folder after connecting to your site using any ftp tool.

Sohail

Reaction score
What's with all the link-backs on this page, my computer was becoming unresponsive!

lanetc

Reaction score
I get a 'socket error' when uploading to my site. What does this mean? Also, When I connected to http://ns2.x10hosting.com/ the folder to transfer to is just '\'. Should an actual folder be specified?

randomlight

Reaction score
Actually, I think you would have to work pretty hard to make this service MORE confusing or MORE difficult. I signed up because it got high ratings, but can't log into CP, went around in circles with this link nonsense, could make no sense of the hosting plans (they seem completely counterintuitive). And of course you can't have the same user name on the site and in the forum if you want something with more than eight characters. If I delete my account, you won't get to read this, but that doesn't mean I intend to waste more time here: I'm off to the site that recommended this site to find a free hosting service that's actually user-friendly.
Edit:
FWIW, I was up and running in under five minutes with Freehostia. Still can't log in here.

Last edited:

Daniel S

Reaction score
@randomlight

If you are still having problems logging in to x10 or having problems understanding how the system works. Please create a thread in the free hosting support forum.

And make sure you post you cpanel username and you domain and any information you may have about your hosting account.

-comphelp

onein5

Reaction score
Have read all getting started posts now and theres no mention of an enforced waiting period before being able to log in to Cpanel yet I cannot get in and my server is undeterminable in the which server are you on link. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.