x10 Hosting, I´m very, very disappointing!

patricioph49

Reaction score
About 15 activate my account on this server, thinking it was an excellent server for free and spend the possibilities soon pay for the service to access certain features I needed, believed they had found the right place!

After opening my account, and all my stuff is gone to try the hosting, I suddenly find that the server goes down giving the famous and renowned msg "Error 503 blah blah blah ...", whereupon I go the forum, the hosting service one could answer why the server was not working.

At 48 hours service was restored, well, I thought things happening inside, at least it was fixed.

There had been more than 2 days that the service falls back and again the famous website "503, etc, etc, etc" ... thus takes patience and wait for reestablesca.

Bad for me, was a total waste of time if they are to the server status page, it is unacceptable to read:

+++++++++ (In Progress) Lotus1 week ago

Lotus've switched into 'read-only' again. We will be doing a FSCK and Bringing it back online. We will swap out hardware need-to on this server, please check back later for details regarding this.

We will be scheduling a drive swap on this server in the next Few Days. Issue Will Remain in progress Has Been Until this done. ++++++++++++++++++

ie more than a week that the server is dropped and not concerned in the least look for an alternative to users of hosting.

A shame, I had to move to another hosting, refresh my web portal and desist from using X10 hosting services, but the truth, a disaster, luckily not hire paid services.

Not recommended.

Greetings.

theone48

Reaction score
patricioph49,

I'm sorry to hear of your poor experience. Unfortunately, some things happen despite the hard work of everyone involved. May you find the satisfactory service you seek with your new provider. If not, don't be afraid to give us another try, problems don't linger forever. We look forward to your future patronage should you be of need. Good luck!

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Please note that the Lotus server is a new server, and a new system within x10hosting's services. As such, it is likely to have its bugs and issues, and these problems are sorted out as soon as they can be. Not everything can be fixed right away - Especially not when hardware is involved.

patricioph49

Reaction score
Hello! a hardward problem can be solved in less than 72 hours, I know I am in hardward technical systems.

I do not deny that the few days that I enjoy hosting, it was fast and very complete, but I truly believe that almost 15 days of the server crash and is still in the same state, leaves much to be desired.

Hopefully you can fix it at some point for future new users!

Greetings.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I reponted my DNS to a backup host for now, ETA on boro?
What issue are you having with boru? I'm on boru and as far as I know everything is working fine.

Here's a useful link that tells you about any maintenance or outages:
http://status.x10hosting.com/
As you can see, there is none at this time.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
@PicTech1: Lol; that little grammical mistake is actually quite funny! :D

FrozenTime

Reaction score
TC is disappoint.

But I think it's just that x10 has been working on improving improving things again, and when they do that, the servers usually experience a lot of downtime.

tfcshoebox59

Reaction score
"If not, don't be afraid to give us another try, problems don't linger forever."

X10 is very good about being on-top with their issues therefore I suggest you not bad mouthing or being so "disappointed" with X10 but in-fact ride the issue out as it will most likley be resolved very shortly or give X10 another shot to say the least..

Good Job X10! Keep up the good work and stay on top of any issues that come up ;) like you do..

"But I think it's just that x10 has been working on improving improving things again, and when they do that, the servers usually experience a lot of downtime."

I have never experienced to much downtime and when the systems are down they are typically brought back up and resolved within 24 hours (speak from my own experience with X10)

- EntityX