X10Basic cPanel error and Forum Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenax

Reaction score
http://tedderzdesign.x10.mx/x10basic error1.png --> Image One

This appeared after I decided to try out your basic cPanel page. The website was created anyway but it had that at the top.

http://tedderzdesign.x10.mx/x10basic error2.png

This is an issue with your forum login at the top, it doesn't appear to turn the password into dots so it's hidden. Its the same on the other forum pages too.

Also, another minor thing I noticed just now, when I tried to insert the images using the image button, it said invald URL, but they work if placed in a web browser :D

Cheers,
Zenax

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Is it fixed now? If not, could you please provide a bit more information as to what you were doing at the time?

This is an issue with your forum login at the top, it doesn't appear to turn the password into dots so it's hidden. Its the same on the other forum pages too.
It is being investigated - I am able to replicate it from my end :)

Thank you

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Hi Zenax,

There is an update for the Basic control panel that will be released tonight which will resolve this problem for you. Thank you for reporting the trouble to us.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Just as an aside, obfuscating the password field is considered bad practice now — at most it should be an option that the user can select when logging in in a public location where they might have someone looking over their shoulder. Passwords (or pass phrases) should be long and case-sensitive (in addition to containing special characters), and hiding the password from the user encourages errors (typos, leaving the caps lock key on, etc.). That leads to a lot of people locking themselves out or thinking they've forgotten their password — or worse, using short, easily-crackable passwords to avoid the problem, which is far more harmful than leaving the password field in plain text. (With plain text, someone needs to be watching you. With short, simple passwords, anybody who gets their hands on the user login database will have no problem getting all of the "low-hangiing fruit" — all of the users who have simple passwords — in very short order.)

Status
Not open for further replies.