x10Hosting's Servers are on Windows?

MarioMaster

Reaction score
I just found out that x10Hosting's servers are running Windows! I always thought they were running Linux for some reason. Did you guys know they were running Windows?

Hauzer

Reaction score
I take a look it seems as if they're running on Linux. Actually wait, cPanel can't run on Windows yet, I know there is a cPanel Windows Beta but not sure if it x10 would have that.

Maybe it's just an error you're seeing.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I don't know where you are getting your information from but it's wrong. We are running Linux on our servers.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
x10Hosting is running Linux servers. Even cPanel states it :)

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Or is this a thinly veiled ploy to compare x10hosting's uptime to a stereotypical Windows box? ;)

But yeah, there was talk Corey was going to look into Windows VPS's as an option for paying users, but I don't think it ever got beyond that.

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
Or is this a thinly veiled ploy to compare x10hosting's uptime to a stereotypical Windows box? ;)

I'd honestly say that Linux has better uptime capabilities than Windows.. As Windows clearly sucks lol... However though, I've seen some MAJOR improvements in the new Windows 7... So far impressed with that, but all other versions of Windows... no.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
you can. ASP.NET runs on Linux.

tittat

Reaction score
Hmm, I thought you could use ASP.NET here...
ASP.NET extensions are already configured on Apache(here at x10).Just upload your .aspx file anywhere on your public_html folder.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
you can. ASP.NET runs on Linux.

ASP.net runs best on .net supporting systems (Read: Windows); linux adds MONO which .net can run under, but you might have some issues on occasion if you're using stuff MONO doesn't support yet.

Just clarifying that for them :)

MarioMaster

Reaction score
Okay, thank you for clearing that up. I always thought that Microsoft made ASP.NET Windows-only.