x10Premium questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazhar

Reaction score
I recently visited x10premium plan of $3.95 /mo with unlimited domains, bandwidth and space, so I have few questions:

1. If I buy this plan, it means I can start my own hosting business with it, isn't it? Am I allowed to do that under the terms?
2. Unlimited domains, bandwidth and space literally means unlimited or they have certain limits?
3. If I start hosting other domains on this plan (as a business), will I have the option to issue certain amount of quota, bandwidth, etc to my customers?
4. I am in Pakistan, so what payment options do I have?
Thanks !

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
1. If I buy this plan, it means I can start my own hosting business with it, isn't it? Am I allowed to do that under the terms?
Theoretically, I guess you could. Though your customers wouldn't be able to have a cPanel, and your customers' data would be your responsibility in ensuring it follows the Terms of Service. I would highly recommend, however, that you use a VPS package for starting a hosting business, as opposed to a shared hosting account, as it gives you a lot more flexibility, it gives you a cPanel/WHM addon, you have full control over your VPS, and that's one of the purposes VPS' were meant for. Shared hosting isn't exactly meant to be resold to other users.

2. Unlimited domains, bandwidth and space literally means unlimited or they have certain limits?
Unlimited number of domains, databases, email accounts, etc are literally unlimited - you can have however many you want.

Disk space is unmetered, which means that there is essentially no limit, but you must still follow the restrictions outlined in the Terms of Service:
http://x10premium.com/terms said:
3. Content Restrictions
x10Hosting does not allow the use of it's services for illegal activities. This includes hosting of copyrighted material, nulled scripts, or anything that is considered illegal under US law. A suspension leading up to termination will be imposed for a breach of these terms. While we strive to accommodate all types of sites our shared hosting may not be used for the following:
  • File or Image Hosting Sites
  • Proxies
  • Download scripts such as but not limited to Rapidleech and TorrentFlux
  • Backup Space \ File Storage
  • Mirrors for software or game files
  • Scripts that run continuously
  • Scripts that run unattended or could be considered daemons
  • IRC Bots
  • Anything that would be considered illegal under US law
Bandwidth is unmetered, so it is, in a way, unlimited, but if your site is consuming a huge amount of bandwidth (and I mean "huge" :) ), you may be asked to upgrade.

3. If I start hosting other domains on this plan (as a business), will I have the option to issue certain amount of quota, bandwidth, etc to my customers?
As I said, you really need a VPS for that kind of thing. ;) Opting for a VPS package on x10VPS and selecting the cPanel/WHM addon at checkout would allow you to setup quotas, give users their own cPanel account, etc. cPanel/WHM is built for webhost business.

4. I am in Pakistan, so what payment options do I have?
As far as I am aware, our premium services accept PayPal and Credit Cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover).

Thank you

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Disk space is unmetered, but there is a hard cap of 300,000 inodes on regular Infinity, which wouldn't take very long to eat in a reseller situation - even if you were to find a way to manage your own user's accounts to get around the fact that you can't do any server-side admin. And 10 concurrent processes with a combined 840MB limit is not a hard limit to run into either. Really, Premium shared hosting is completely unsuitable for the purpose.

Mazhar

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the answer! Yes I didn't thought about that the customers will not have their own cPanels. VPS hosting is surely a bit expensive with out of my range! So I guess I can use this plan in situations when my I am designing the customers' websites and managing and uploading data on my own to their domain.

tanwirec

Reaction score
Hi,
$3.95 is the price if you purchase the YEARLY plan. However, if you want to pay monthly, it is $6.95. Surely x10Hosting is the cheapest out there, and in opinion one of the greats :)

Regards,
Owen

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
$3.95 is the price if you purchase the YEARLY plan. However, if you want to pay monthly, it is $6.95.

The $3.95 per month is when you pay for three (3) years at the time you sign up

The YEARLY plan is $5.95 when you pay for one (1) year at the time you sign up

see --> [ http://x10premium.com/plans ]

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Whoops... lol I think I need to go back to bed before I tell someone it's $1,000,000 for the 1 second plan o_o
I don't want to influence your community spirit - far from it - but please make sure you know the facts before helping, otherwise it's not helping and becomes a problem as people say "but tanwirec said it".

Thanks

tanwirec

Reaction score
I don't want to influence your community spirit - far from it - but please make sure you know the facts before helping, otherwise it's not helping and becomes a problem as people say "but tanwirec said it".

Thanks
Ok den :)

Status
Not open for further replies.