x10Support, (suggestion).

Parsa44

Reaction score
I was thinking, maybe it would be a great idea to save all the successfully, solved support tickets and publish them to support.x10hosting.com.

Then just stick a search function so users can simply search thier question and find the support ticket they need?

(If we save all support tickets even if they are about the same problem the user is more likley to find the information they need)

Tell me know what you think.

Daniel S

Reaction score
We could do this. But we would have many problems that lots of the tickets have private information in them. And we did used to do this when we used the support forums where open and public but nobody used to use the search function (Maybe the odd couple did search).

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
I agree with Daniel, the potential risk of a leak of private info is a bit too much of a risk to user confidentiality. Most questions have been answered here in the forums, and the only time I ever really see the need to submit a ticket is when you have major problems accessing your site i.e. blocked by the firewall.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There are hundreds of reasons this isn't a good idea.

Say there are users who never ever used hosting before (sometimes they need to start), They might not feel comfortable with that their ticket gets published.

Also, personal information could be at risk if we did this. In some countries like Sweden, it is illegal to give out personal information without concent andpermission (That's the reason you can't get the owners name and address of a whois record of a .se domain).

We have the knowledgebase where we explained on how to do some basic things like setting up domains, but people are still asking about it so it doesn't seem that people reads the knowledgebase.

Last edited:

Parsa44

Reaction score
I understand where you are all coming from, but we could always blank out names.
And the person who answers the ticket could chose to publish/not publish the ticket.

Either way it seems like this isnt seen as a good idea so I suppose its best to let it rest.

Thanks for your responses and constructive critisim. :happysad:

Daniel S

Reaction score
I understand where you are all coming from, but we could always blank out names.
And the person who answers the ticket could chose to publish/not publish the ticket.

Either way it seems like this isnt seen as a good idea so I suppose its best to let it rest.

Thanks for your responses and constructive critisim. :happysad:

Even then it would take days to sort through everything. Because if you say a server goes down for 15mins we get at least 10+ tickets. And a lot of duplicate tickets. And then each ticket we would have to go through them all to remove their personal details.

But thanks for suggesting an idea;)