xbox 360 update

Jeremia0

Reaction score
Did anyone here download the xbox 360 update yet?

I did, and I personally hate the layout. Also, the avatar feature seems useless. You get a few items to make the avatar, and then it stands there. As far as I know there is no use for them. However, I like the new party and chat features.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't have an Xbox. A friend of mine who downloaded the software at 6AM this morning is probably going to show me the new experience sometime this weekend. When he does, I'll give some feedback, maybe upload a video if he brings his console to my house.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's actually very good compared to the older one. Everything loads faster, games are able to be installed to the hard drive.

I'm very impressed by it.

Intra1

Reaction score
I updated and its alright, but I have no idea where anything is and its seems messy, it takes ages to go through freinds lists etc....

But some features have sped up and become much better, ;)

xPlozion

Reaction score
it's not bad... me and my friends spent a few hours on the dash and playing uno, just messing w/ our avatars :D. making fun of each other and all... one guy was wearing all purple (purple shirt, purple hat, purple heart painted on his face, the other one looked metro :D, and the others looked normal.

Your avatars can be used on Uno, go to options, then where there's the option to choose from the gamerpic and camera, there's a new option to choose the avatar.

Microsoft said that they would be releasing new items for the avatars every couple of weeks.

btw, mine's wearing the cargo pants, the metal shirt, long dark brown hair, the "vans" shoes, and a spiked arm band.

It's gonna take a little bit to get used to it though, but i've spent some time on it, and it's starting to get easier. you can also use the triggers and the bumpers to skip through it. triggers skips up and down, bumbers skip left and right.

maddog+burke.png

Last edited:

xPlozion

Reaction score
meh, i don't have media center on my pc (xp pro), but i really don't need it :D. to watch tv, we need a box on the tv.

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
I haven't had chance to d/l it yet. But will when i get back home in a couple of weeks.

BTW, for those who already know; how is the new guide? Thats far more important than the dash itself imo.

The dash is just a flashy front really, the only use for it is to check the market place or change system settings.

xPlozion

Reaction score
the new guide is much faster than the original. it's kinda like the pc guide, where it's in the center of the screen. it's blue, and has 5 tabs (marketplace, games, the main one w/ friends, party, etc..., media and settings). i'll post some screenshots if you want me to (cap card).

Attachments

• main.png
    main.png
    156.9 KB · Views: 25
  • games.png
    games.png
    154.7 KB · Views: 29
  • marketplace.png
    marketplace.png
    144.2 KB · Views: 22
  • media.png
    media.png