Xbox or Playstation 3?

the_site

Reaction score
I say buy the xbox 360.

I use to be an All out Playstation Fan, but the Xbox 360 snagged me in with the games and online play.
Just putting out my two cents.

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
My friends got playstation , and t review from are very bad

websitedude

Reaction score
I suggect Xbox purely becuase of project natal which does look truely awesome. Its basically a motion bar but you don't need a remote control for it. It has voice and face recognition so it recognises who is playing it. The prices will be steep for it and it is coming out summer this year! Note: it works will all 360s

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
For me xbox is a good choice it has games in high-definition; easy-to-use dashboard interface; excellent online gaming and communications via Xbox Live; plays hundreds of (but not all) original Xbox titles; doubles as a superior digital media hub and Windows Media Center extender; online Marketplace allows for easy purchases of downloadable full-scale games, mini-games, movies, and TV shows; latest version offers HDMI output with 1080p support.

Clinton

Reaction score
Throw a 360 it wont break that easy trust me, Throw a PS3 it breaks, I dropped my PS3 like 10 cm's off the ground and the case cracked in half.... I dropped my xbox 360 by accident when it toppled over around 1 m and it never broke heck didnt scratch it now where is the quality, and the new PS3 slim is stupid, I prefer the look of the older one TBH.
Ummm right.

localkey

Reaction score
Xbox 260 all the way, you can't beat Halo, and you can't get it on PS3.

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
I suggect Xbox purely becuase of project natal which does look truely awesome. Its basically a motion bar but you don't need a remote control for it. It has voice and face recognition so it recognises who is playing it. The prices will be steep for it and it is coming out summer this year! Note: it works will all 360s

If you like project natal, comment on it: http://forums.x10hosting.com/gamers-lounge/108141-your-view-project-natal-xbox-360-a.html
:D
Ummm right.

Yup better belive it :p
Xbox 260 all the way, you can't beat Halo, and you can't get it on PS3.

Just a note there isn't a 260, its a 360 ;) (I guess you had a typo)

Lochie

Reaction score
PS3 is better IMO.
1) it has a variety of good exclusive in every genre.
baseball- MLB The show
sim racing- GT5
off road racing- Motorstorm
platformer- Rachet and clank, Little Big Planet
fps- killzone, resistance, mag etc
srpg- valkryia chronicles
rpg- demon's souls
3rd person shooter - Uncharted
etc
2) it doesn't have propriety accessories. ie. you can use any bluetooth headset/mouse/keyboard, or usb headset/mouse/keybard. and also use any laptop harddrive and external harddrive.
3) free online, with little to no lag.
4) most 3rd party "exclusive" on 360 comes to PS3 with more stuff. ie. Tales of Versperia, Lost Planet, Bioshock etc
5) comes with wifi, rechargable controllers etc
6) Sony has the biggest 1st/2nd party, even larger than Microsoft and Nintendo combined
7) the hardware is quite reliable
8) blu-ray
9) it has optical out (i use this to connect to my z-5500 speakers)
10) has a lot of the games I like
bonus ) it's only 299$ now and "IT ONLY DOES EVERYTHING" xP
Edit:

except for Japan
and FFvs13 is still exclusive to PS3 ;)
Edit:

maybe because you only browse in the 360 pro. forums?

Edit:
did i mention The Last Guardian ...? *drolls*
First off: PS3 HAS LAG, holy sh*t every console has that.

Sorry, but half your facts can be countered by the 360.
Baseball: MLB 10 or whatever
Sim racing: PGR 3,4 / Forza 1,2,3
Offroad racing: MX vs. ATV (any)
FPS: Halo series, biggest selling exclusive of all time, 'nuff said.
RPG: Fable
3ps: Gears of War 1,2

360 also has:
Optical out
Tons more games
Last.fm
Netflix
Facebook on dashboard
Instant streaming 1080p movies
Games on demand
Xbox Live party & friends system
Easy transfer of accounts if you want to play on your account at your friends house
More accessories
Looks better (IMO)
Better controllers (IMO more comfortable)
More 3rd party gear
$100 cheaper

Basically what I'm saying is the PS3 is an overpriced Blu-Ray player that happens to play games.

skai123

Reaction score

I read that they took out the CPU in Natal hardware, and it's now going to use 10-15% of the x360's cpu...

Natal now is just a slight upgrade to eyetoy (ps2) / PSeye (ps3), except it has better software....
Edit:

First off: PS3 HAS LAG, holy sh*t every console has that.

Sorry, but half your facts can be countered by the 360.
Baseball: MLB 10 or whatever
Sim racing: PGR 3,4 / Forza 1,2,3
Offroad racing: MX vs. ATV (any)
FPS: Halo series, biggest selling exclusive of all time, 'nuff said.
RPG: Fable
3ps: Gears of War 1,2

360 also has:
Optical out
Tons more games
Last.fm
Netflix
Facebook on dashboard
Instant streaming 1080p movies
Games on demand
Xbox Live party & friends system
Easy transfer of accounts if you want to play on your account at your friends house
More accessories
Looks better (IMO)
Better controllers (IMO more comfortable)
More 3rd party gear
$100 cheaper

Basically what I'm saying is the PS3 is an overpriced Blu-Ray player that happens to play games.

when did i say it has absolutely no lag? i said little to no lag...

and a quarter of the games you listed is not exclusive... and i said exclusives....
MLB 10 - is also on PS3
MTV vs ATV is multiplat
Halo 1 is also on computer... It is not the best exclusive seller, that would go to Pokemon, Mario not sure the order but the top 5 exclusive has no Halo in it...
Gears 1 is on computer...

1.Mario (222 million)[187]
2.Pokémon (193 million)[188]
3.Tetris (125 million)[79]
4.The Sims (100 million)[189]
5.Need for Speed (100 million)[190]
6.Final Fantasy (92 million)[191]
7.Madden NFL (75 million)[192]
8.Grand Theft Auto (70 million)[193]
9.FIFA (65 million)[194]
10. The Legend of Zelda (59 million)[195]

taking out the multiplats

1.Mario (222 million)[187]
2.Pokémon (193 million)[188]
3.The Legend of Zelda (59 million)[195]
4.Gran Turismosold ~50 million, not including prologue except for GT5 Prologue, nor GT PSP
5.Wii Sports (Wii – 50.54 million,[69] packaged with system in all regions except Japan)

Halo sold less than 27 million Halo1,2,3, wars, ODST added up the numbers from wiki, and added another 2 million for Halo wars... so not even quite up there yet...

don't think the 360 is the only that has those ...
Optical Out- even the PS2 has one
Tons more games- ok, it was out 1 year earlier, i want quality not quantity
Last.fm - via internet browser on PS3
Netflix is out for the PS3 too, useless outside of the US...
Facebook is also on PS3, and you can go on Facebook via internet browser
instant 1080p streaming- you do know that it would be compressed, both sound and audio, so...
Games on Demand - PS3 you can download full PS3 games (Warhawk, Burnout, Socom, GT5 prologue, etc) mini games (Minis), and regular PSN games...
Account transfer- I can log in to my PSN account on my friends PS3, PSP...
More accessories? you mean more expensive accesories... what you mean by more? not sure if it's a good thing...
Looks better - as you stated it's your opinion and IMO PS3 phat/slim looks way better
better controller - again your opinion and IMO DS (DualShock) is a better controller design
more 3rd party gear- what you mean? if you mean by accessories, than PS3 has way more, cuz you can use any bluetooth headset, and guess how many companies make that.... S.E. Nokia, Motorola, LG, Jawbone, Blackberry, etc same with Harddrive... Seagate, Western Digital, etc

$100 cheaper... yea, with no harddrive = pretty useless

oh yeah and i forgot to mention
you can game share the games you get from PSN with up to 5 PS3 , except for a select few... So you can share with your friends and split the cost...

Edit:
Throw a 360 it wont break that easy trust me, Throw a PS3 it breaks, I dropped my PS3 like 10 cm's off the ground and the case cracked in half.... I dropped my xbox 360 by accident when it toppled over around 1 m and it never broke heck didnt scratch it now where is the quality, and the new PS3 slim is stupid, I prefer the look of the older one TBH.

lol forgot to ask

did you by any chance drop your 360 on a carpet and the PS3 on marble, or on a hard floor? lol

my friend drop his ps3 on the sidewalk when he was carrying it over to his friends house while he was running, and nothing happened...

Last edited:

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
my friend drop his ps3 on the sidewalk when he was carrying it over to his friends house while he was running, and nothing happened...
Still cant beleive wht u said

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
I read that they took out the CPU in Natal hardware, and it's now going to use 10-15% of the x360's cpu...

Natal now is just a slight upgrade to eyetoy (ps2) / PSeye (ps3), except it has better software....

You been serious??? Natal is never going to be like the eyetoy or the PSeye and its the hardware and software not just the software

when did i say it has absolutely no lag? i said little to no lag...

Sorry to say but a lot of PS3 owners have being complaining about lag of games.

$100 cheaper... yea, with no harddrive = pretty useless
Not true, the elite is cheaper than the PS3 and it has a HDD
lol forgot to ask

did you by any chance drop your 360 on a carpet and the PS3 on marble, or on a hard floor? lol

Laminate flooring for both, the ps3 has a cr*p case

Last edited:

skai123

Reaction score
You been serious??? Natal is never going to be like the eyetoy or the PSeye and its the hardware and software not just the software

Sorry to say but a lot of PS3 owners have being complaining about lag of games.

Not true, the elite is cheaper than the PS3 and it has a HDD

Laminate flooring for both, the ps3 has a cr*p case

what you mean by never? Natal hardware is similair to eyetoy/pseye, i did say upgraded. especially after they drop the cpu in Natal hardware.

and i heard a lot of 360 owners complaining not only about lag, but about RROD... i know personally 5/8 ppl had RROD

?.. xbox elite is 299, PS3 slim 120gb is 299... the 250gb PS3 slim is 349.99

Last edited:

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
RROD is old news, that was fixed in the 2008 models newer models are fine and RROD was ok because microsoft extended the warrenty so you can have a free fix!!

See the xbox elite is cheaper ;) You get more for your money !

And Natal isn't similar to the eye toy:
Sensor Device

Approximately 9 inch (36 cm) wide horizontal bar connected to a small circular base with a ball point pivot.
The device features an “RGB camera, depth sensor, multi-array microphone, and custom processor running proprietary software”, which provides full-body 3D motion capture, facial recognition, and voice recognition capabilities.
Depth Sensor

The depth sensor consists of an infrared projector combined with a monochrome CMOS sensor, and allows the Project Natal sensor to see in 3D under any lighting conditions.
Microsophone

The Project Natal sensor’s microphone array enables the Xbox 360 to conduct acoustic source localization and ambient noise suppression, allowing for things such as headset-free party chat over Xbox Live.

For starters does the eyetoy have a depth sensor??? Nope I didn't think so the only similarity is that they both have a camera, but the eyetoy was hardly used, Project Natal Captures your whole body not just your face or your hands. It will be for serious gaming not parties like the eyetoy and the wii is for!

skai123

Reaction score
RROD is old news, that was fixed in the 2008 models newer models are fine and RROD was ok because microsoft extended the warrenty so you can have a free fix!!

See the xbox elite is cheaper ;) You get more for your money !

And Natal isn't similar to the eye toy:

For starters does the eyetoy have a depth sensor??? Nope I didn't think so the only similarity is that they both have a camera, but the eyetoy was hardly used, Project Natal Captures your whole body not just your face or your hands. It will be for serious gaming not parties like the eyetoy and the wii is for!

It's OKAY just because of the extended warranty? lol
that's like, if you buy a car that has crap reliability, but they cover it with insurance/warranty so you can have a free fix!!!

lol how is xbox elite cheaper? get more for your money? it's the same price...
ps3 includes wi-fi (for internet), blu-ray, bluetooth. 360 includes a headset...

Project Natal will be mosty for casual games, like wii games... look at the natal trailer... atleast 95% casual...

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14357198/project-natal/videos/ces10_projectnatal_010609.html

Sony is supporting 3D, and all PS3 will be able to use it.

Last edited:

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
ps3 includes wi-fi (for internet), blu-ray, bluetooth.

So? I don't want to use Wifi I could just easily use the ethernet cable, bluetooth psshh screw bluetooth its slow, I prefer the xbox because of the better gameplay and i prefer the controllers

It's OKAY just because of the extended warranty? lol
that's like, if you buy a car that has crap reliability, but they cover it with insurance/warranty so you can have a free fix!!!

Ok its annoying but at least microsoft is ok with giving a free fix or replacement,

Sony is supporting 3D, and all PS3 will be able to use it.

And? The Xbox 360 allready has a 3D game (g-force) with more coming out,

Last edited:

redwheel

Reaction score
My only problem is the 3D will require the new 200 htz TV's coming out.

So if the recent 3D phase dies out I am out a lot of $$$.

Also you hear so much about Natal but no one is talking about the new ps3 motion sensors. From the demonstration they looked highly accurate.

Plus PS3 are helping cure cancer :)

Last edited:

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
What new PS3 motion sensors??? Probarly a copy of natal xD

erm PS3 arent helping cure cancer ?????

skai123

Reaction score
So? I don't want to use Wifi I could just easily use the ethernet cable, bluetooth psshh screw bluetooth its slow, I prefer the xbox because of the better gameplay and i prefer the controllers

Ok its annoying but at least microsoft is ok with giving a free fix or replacement,

And? The Xbox 360 allready has a 3D game (g-force) with more coming out,

It is still in the box, so if peopel need wi-fi they can use it, not eveyone wants wires runing from one side of the house to the other, or from upstairs to down stairs.
Bluetooth uses less power, and the PS3 controller comes with rechargeable batteries via usb. save money from buying batteries/rechargable batteries with charger.... It is fast enough for controllers,mouse, keyboard, headset. and it supports up to 7 devices, So you can have games with 7 player local multiplayer (Bomberman ultra) ....

MS was denying the RROD existed, untill there was a class lawsuit, which they would have recalled the 360, but they made the 3 years extended warrenty for RROD... so they save their own ass for not having to recall every 360, and either remake it (would have to cost alot to recall, and remake more than the money for warrenty) or back out from gaming...

It's a different 3D...
Edit:
What new PS3 motion sensors??? Probarly a copy of natal xD

erm PS3 arent helping cure cancer ?????

yes PS3 help cures cancer via Folding@home, now it's under Life with Playstaion, where it has news around the world, and it folds in the background...

PS3 motion sensing controller, there's no name to it yet...

It uses the PSeye, and a controller for motion... true 1:1 motion
coming out this spring
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th8_zKa0DKk
it looks pretty promising from the demostrations the showed. i can see more hardcore games coming out for it than natal....

Last edited: