Xbox or Playstation 3?

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
xbox 360, because it's cooler ;)
That's a funny way to describe a console that's had major overheating issues in the past.:tongue:

The PS3 can be a better deal monetarily depending on what accessories you'd need for the Xbox 360. The PS3 includes the functionality of the Xbox 360's Play & Charge Kit, wireless adapter, and Xbox Live.

Regarding graphics, there isn't a notable difference in what each console is capable of, though some games have looked better a certain system due to lack of attention paid to the opposite system. If graphics are a major factor in your purchase, you should get a mid range to high end PC anyway. Consoles can't compete with a computer's graphical abilities.

If you force yourself to choose one, get the one with the most games that you like. They are game consoles, after all.

drkno1

Reaction score
You really can't go wrong with either. It kinda depends on your preferences in games. xbox gets things like gears of war and PS3 gets things like Final Fantasy. PS3 is looking pretty good to me now that it got a price drop:biggrin:

skai123

Reaction score
PS3 is better IMO.
1) it has a variety of good exclusive in every genre.
baseball- MLB The show
sim racing- GT5
off road racing- Motorstorm
platformer- Rachet and clank, Little Big Planet
fps- killzone, resistance, mag etc
srpg- valkryia chronicles
rpg- demon's souls
3rd person shooter - Uncharted
etc
2) it doesn't have propriety accessories. ie. you can use any bluetooth headset/mouse/keyboard, or usb headset/mouse/keybard. and also use any laptop harddrive and external harddrive.
3) free online, with little to no lag.
4) most 3rd party "exclusive" on 360 comes to PS3 with more stuff. ie. Tales of Versperia, Lost Planet, Bioshock etc
5) comes with wifi, rechargable controllers etc
6) Sony has the biggest 1st/2nd party, even larger than Microsoft and Nintendo combined
7) the hardware is quite reliable
8) blu-ray
9) it has optical out (i use this to connect to my z-5500 speakers)
10) has a lot of the games I like
bonus ) it's only 299$ now and "IT ONLY DOES EVERYTHING" xP
Edit:
The 360 is getting FF13.
except for Japan
and FFvs13 is still exclusive to PS3 ;)
Edit:
I always hear great things about Xbox but nearly nothing about the Playstation... That has to mean something.
maybe because you only browse in the 360 pro. forums?

Edit:
did i mention The Last Guardian ...? *drolls*

Last edited:

sarphon

Reaction score
The PS3 has more processing power however it is not up to the standards that it should be and with them taking the backwards compatibility out of the system its almost not even worth it.

I will say the XBOX has many more uses such as a hub for netflix or even online hang out rooms for your friends you meet online while playing a game. So I would say the 360 is your best bang for your buck.

strangerok

Reaction score
i have all thre of the major systems and would personally recommend xbox simply because of the online features.

arceye

Reaction score
Both have good and bad points.

Good points.
Xbox:
Better online features
More exclusive games than the PS3
Better looking console (in my opinion)
much harder to hack for the purpose of cheating in games

PS3:
Newer so most likely more power
Blueray drive
Some of the best exclusive games
Native support in some games for keyboard & mouse (PC gamers like me really appreciate this)
Free online gaming

Bad Points.
Xbox:
Xbox Online features are not free
100% failure rate ( out of my many 100's of online xbox friends ALL of them have had the xbox fail )
no blueray support yet
no native support for keyboard & mouse or even planned future support

PS3:
Less online features ( but they are free )
I am starting to hear about them having the disc drive fail (just like every other sony games console did)
Easier to hack for the purpose of game cheating
the console is not so pleasing to the eye (in my opinion)
its made by sony.

Choose the one you want they will both give you loads of fun and both have great games.

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
100% failure rate ( out of my many 100's of online xbox friends ALL of them have had the xbox fail )

Even if you are right with that percent (you're not even close) the newer Xbox 360's are free from the RRoD defect.

arceye

Reaction score
Not that I wish to doubt that, but with friends having xbox's less than 2 months old failing to me that would constitute to be the new xbox,s
So I go on what I see which still remains 100% failure

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Not that I wish to doubt that, but with friends having xbox's less than 2 months old failing to me that would constitute to be the new xbox,s
So I go on what I see which still remains 100% failure

I believe there were issues with the motherboards warping on the Xbox 360s. I've seen a few Xbox 360s where it's as easy as re-soldering some parts to the Motherboard or re-applying the heat sink and it is all fixed up.

graphic.flaw

Reaction score
I would personally stick with the X-Box. I've had mine for a few years - did have the red rings of death but that was fixed (hopefully right - but if not i guess i could always do it myself). X-box just has more options and better online play. It has some downsides but I think all and all it outweights PS3. Plus... I hear they are comming out with a motion detecting add-on? :)

playminigames

Reaction score
i think its a close tie, they are the same price and most of the same features, the only real difference is the online gaming, xbox has more people, more features, but it does cost money. And ps3 has online that is free, but isnt as good.

gmplace

Reaction score

btw, the motion detecting add-on is called natal, and it kicks ass!

Last edited: