Xbox or Playstation 3?

jdmphoenix

Reaction score
I love my 360..But sometimes i wish i got the PS3 because alot more of my good friends have it.

dlccan

Reaction score
For all my online games, I use PS3. For any singleplayer story game, 360.

Zenax

Reaction score
What system you should buy comes down to what you WANT in a system. I personally would go in this order: Wii, PS3, Xbox360

I had a 360. I have tiny hands and the controllers are uncomfortable. Sometimes even painful. The thing broke TWICE. An Elite. TWICE. I'm not even kidding. Red ringed. Two separate systems about 8 months apart.

It has a lot of GREAT features. It used to be that the only reason to get a 360 over a PS3 was the features. Now the PS3 has a lot of those features. They have most of the same games. So unless you are tied to Halo, Fable...

The Wii is a family focused system. It's a lot of fun, and I've not known anyone who had one break. I know a family of 7 that has had the same one since release. They haven't even had to buy new controllers. We got the kids a Wii for Christmas. Now, this system will get a lot of play in my house, but in other homes, not so much.

TL;DR - What system depends on what you want.

Hey,
The thing is with this debate is that you could constantly argue back and forth over which is the better console. I am afraid I would have to agree with one of the other posters about the fact it really depends on what you want to get from a console.

Now when I first started gaming I owned a PlayStation (the large one not small!) and I really loved it! (I still have it today and it even works, but i no longer have any games for it!)

Then I moved to the Xbox and havent looked back since! I now own an Xbox 360 Elite and have only had to take it back once in the whole 2 years I have owned it!

Now people say that the ps3 is better down to the fact that you can surf the internet and have social networking capabilities. Well down to one of the latest updates, you can also do this on the Xbox 360, the only downside having to own an Xbox Live Gold membership (yet more money to give microsoft!!)

DefectTalisman said:
If xbox gets the Natal motion thing right, then that would tottaly nullify the Wii. In the youtube video it shows a xbox 360 pro in the TV unit :) They all doing this funny holding the air steering wheel thing :s The Wii steering wheels are the hardest thing to controll, I end up holding the thing at funny angles all over the place. My xbox 360 steering wheel is a much easier to controll, even though the feedback can snatch the thing out your hands.
The thing that Natal would have over the Wii, is that you could hold a plate or even a real momo steering wheel :) Grab your 9mm gun, empty the clip and shoot at the screen :) Forget that silly little plastic tennis racket, use your own real one or even your golf clubs.

I don't think that Natal will take it away from the Nintendo Wii! The console is a classic just like all of the other Nitendo Consoles. I don't think it would be right to see the likes of Mario Bros. on a Xbox 360!! Also as mentioned the Nintendo Wii is defintly family orientated and is loads more fun and I think that the Natal project will just be another accessory to add to the many that we already have on the Xbox!

Ciao

P.S XBOX ALL THE WAY lol

skai123

Reaction score
Hey,
The thing is with this debate is that you could constantly argue back and forth over which is the better console. I am afraid I would have to agree with one of the other posters about the fact it really depends on what you want to get from a console.

Now when I first started gaming I owned a PlayStation (the large one not small!) and I really loved it! (I still have it today and it even works, but i no longer have any games for it!)

Then I moved to the Xbox and havent looked back since! I now own an Xbox 360 Elite and have only had to take it back once in the whole 2 years I have owned it!

Now people say that the ps3 is better down to the fact that you can surf the internet and have social networking capabilities. Well down to one of the latest updates, you can also do this on the Xbox 360, the only downside having to own an Xbox Live Gold membership (yet more money to give microsoft!!)

I don't think that Natal will take it away from the Nintendo Wii! The console is a classic just like all of the other Nitendo Consoles. I don't think it would be right to see the likes of Mario Bros. on a Xbox 360!! Also as mentioned the Nintendo Wii is defintly family orientated and is loads more fun and I think that the Natal project will just be another accessory to add to the many that we already have on the Xbox!

Ciao

P.S XBOX ALL THE WAY lol

You make that sound like it's a good thing...

Just to clearify, the 360 still doesn't have an internet browser. Since the PS3 has one you can stream video i.e. youtube, dailymotion, veoh, cruncyroll, and many many more online steaming sites...

To the many overpriced accessories...

IMO motion controlls are over-rated, atleast for now... mostly shovelwares on the wii...
Natal doesnt seem like it can be apply to more core games... mostly casual games...
the PS3 sphere or w.e it's called... atleast from the demo that sony showed can apply to core games... i think having a controller for motion control is better than no controller

It's all about the games...
The IPs that you like, you go to the console that has it...
i.e. Ratchet and Clank, MGS, Socom, Uncharted, Twisted Metal, GOW, Gran Turisumo etc you go to the PlayStation
Halo, GeoW, Forza, Fable etc you go to the XBOX
Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros, starfox, etc you on to the Nintendo system

And then you look at the value of the system, which is worth the cost/other features that you want from a console...
IMO PS3 is the best value...

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey,
Ciao
P.S XBOX ALL THE WAY lol
Yes it won't carry the nintendo specific titles, but it is far suppirior to the ninetendo wii concept. The fact that the console is more heavy weight is the key factor. Not saying people with the wii will go out and buy an xbox, but exsisting xbox owners will more than likely get it. Also new console shoppers will have the option of the wii (heavily overpriced for what it is, not to mention all the grey plastic crap that you can get as extras) or the xbox360 with natal motion capture (should work out the same price as getting a wii with some crappy plastic thigns on the side).
I know a wii owner, I told him to look up project natal on youtube. He came back to me saying if it came out, he would get a xbox and the natal thing. He has almost every crappy plastic extra on the wii and the one he uses the most is the standard(old skool) nintendo controller and then the balance board. But the only thing that keeps him on that console is mario cart :) Every other game he has got for it has been disapointing.

->I still say the xbox 360 is for a pro gammer that wants a good multi player enviroment & comfort from your controller :)
->The PS3 is for someone looking for a all rounder, now with the slim it actually looks good and could take the place of a stand alone DVD player.
->The wii is for the family and kids.

Zenax

Reaction score
You make that sound like it's a good thing...

Just to clearify, the 360 still doesn't have an internet browser. Since the PS3 has one you can stream video i.e. youtube, dailymotion, veoh, cruncyroll, and many many more online steaming sites...

To the many overpriced accessories...

IMO motion controlls are over-rated, atleast for now... mostly shovelwares on the wii...
Natal doesnt seem like it can be apply to more core games... mostly casual games...
the PS3 sphere or w.e it's called... atleast from the demo that sony showed can apply to core games... i think having a controller for motion control is better than no controller

It's all about the games...
The IPs that you like, you go to the console that has it...
i.e. Ratchet and Clank, MGS, Socom, Uncharted, Twisted Metal, GOW, Gran Turisumo etc you go to the PlayStation
Halo, GeoW, Forza, Fable etc you go to the XBOX
Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros, starfox, etc you on to the Nintendo system

And then you look at the value of the system, which is worth the cost/other features that you want from a console...
IMO PS3 is the best value...

Why do I need a games console to browse the net for when I already have a computer that can do it for me. IMO the fact that the PS3 even has a web browser is pointless. When these consoles were first designed there were intended for gaming and that was it. Now it has just become a whole load of hype over which has the better accessories for it.

As for DefecTalisman, you have a point. The wii is a bit overpriced but it is still a good console in its own right. And Natal will be a good adition but I doubt I will be rusing out and getting Natal when I already have an Wii and a Xbox 360, which are two perfectly good consoles!

Ciao

Clinton

Reaction score
Well my 360 just red ringed. Not spending any money of fixing this. From my experience...reliability and better first party games....PS3.

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
I prefer my xbox 360, more games, better graphics card in the 360 (check yourself), I love Xbox live and Halo Is a must!

Kill zone is good for the PS3 but i prefer halo, plus the PS3 isn't as good for multimedia and internet gaming, Its generally up to what you prefer.

I don't mind that the PS3 has wifi Bluetooth and a better processor, I prefer the better game play and controllers on the 360 and when natal comes out you won't get me off my 360, I have had my 360 since 2006 and it hasnt red ringed yet.... must change the heatsink on it though just in case :)

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well my 360 just red ringed. Not spending any money of fixing this. From my experience...reliability and better first party games....PS3.

It's a free repair..so no money spent.

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
Smith6612 said:
Don't forget, a small amount of thermal paste goes a long way!
Just don't do something stupid like this:
42prosessor1.jpg

--- Mr. DOS

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I used to think perks like motion sensing and better graphics makes a game console, but you get tired of those perks really quickly. What makes a console is how many and how good the games are (much like the amount of software makes windows). Xbox 360 has the most and best games for it, hands down. Even though the console itself is a little behind the technological trends, it amounts to being much more fun.

redwheel

Reaction score
Ported games tend to not play as well so you should check which system your favorite game company focuses on. I.E. I have heard that Bayonetta on the PS3 has worse load time and that FF13 on the 360 will be divided to multiple discs and the cinematices will be downgraded.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I used to think perks like motion sensing and better graphics makes a game console, but you get tired of those perks really quickly. What makes a console is how many and how good the games are (much like the amount of software makes windows). Xbox 360 has the most and best games for it, hands down. Even though the console itself is a little behind the technological trends, it amounts to being much more fun.
I don't know how it's behind the technical trends. The only one that's comparable is the PS3 and I can't see how anyone can argue that it is either better or worse than the XBOX360. One big advantage for the PS3 - everyone uses the same free multiplayer component. As opposed to either paying for xbox live or trying to get an alternative System Link hack to work.