Xbox360 emulator for PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Emulators is illegal since 1. You need the BIOS, which is illegal to obtain 2. well, you need the games.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Emulators is illegal since 1. You need the BIOS, which is illegal to obtain 2. well, you need the games.

The emulation software still isn't illegal.

If you don't own the games and/or are distributing them to others, then you are clearly breaking the law.

The BIOS isn't illegal when they have been developed from the ground up. Only copyrighted BIOS are illegal.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The emulation software still isn't illegal.

If you don't own the games and/or are distributing them to others, then you are clearly breaking the law.

The BIOS isn't illegal when they have been developed from the ground up. Only copyrighted BIOS are illegal.

You need the xbox 360's original BIOS for the games to work

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You need the xbox 360's original BIOS for the games to work

I'm talking in general and not specifics. If someone developed a working BIOS that played 360 games, the BIOS would not be illegal.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm talking in general and not specifics. If someone developed a working BIOS that played 360 games, the BIOS would not be illegal.

Brings up the question of reverse engineering though; I'm not up on the particulars but I'm under the impression Microsoft could STILL lay a beat-down on anyone whose working on developing said Bios who makes it public.

The emulator is okay but for now I'd keep the Bios seated firmly in the "bad idea" section of the bleachers :)

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Brings up the question of reverse engineering though; I'm not up on the particulars but I'm under the impression Microsoft could STILL lay a beat-down on anyone whose working on developing said Bios who makes it public.

The emulator is okay but for now I'd keep the Bios seated firmly in the "bad idea" section of the bleachers :)

That's true. I'm sure you'd be breaking many laws by reverse engineering any of the current consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.