Xbox360 emulator for PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synoryth

Reaction score
I doubt it. It would make playing games on consoles pointless. Already, PC's are of much higher capabilities than consoles. Making an emulator would be first, illegal, then completely pointless. Just go buy the game for the PC.

~Syn~

x_spiey2003

Reaction score
havent found one for 360 yet but you can check places like romnation and such sum times they post new games as roms that will work with certain emulators

Brayans

Reaction score
don´t spend your money on consoles, buy a nice desktop and u´ll be able to play so many games, more than xbox360

blitzkrieg

Reaction score
yeah but for those of you who didn't notice.. some games are never released on PC on only after a lot of time (gears of war? =P) so I hope maybe someone will make one someday.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I wouldn't go around using emulators. They are all illegal as stated above for as far as I know.

Most titles are releaserd to the PC. However, titles like Halo 2/3 have been held to the consoles for a while basically because of, say Microsoft wanting some money out of it and trying to promote their game console. Also, they used Halo 2 for the PC to promote Windows Vista as well. Too bad that was basically a port though as the texture quality isn't that good on the max settings.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I wouldn't go around using emulators. They are all illegal as stated above for as far as I know.

Most titles are releaserd to the PC. However, titles like Halo 2/3 have been held to the consoles for a while basically because of, say Microsoft wanting some money out of it and trying to promote their game console. Also, they used Halo 2 for the PC to promote Windows Vista as well. Too bad that was basically a port though as the texture quality isn't that good on the max settings.

Emulators are not illegal. The part that is illegal is the downloading of games you do not own.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Emulators are not illegal. The part that is illegal is the downloading of games you do not own.

Oh, ok. Thanks for clarifying that for me. I know about the whole "no stealing things you don't own" concept and law, but didn't know the exact details of the emulators.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Oh, ok. Thanks for clarifying that for me. I know about the whole "no stealing things you don't own" concept and law, but didn't know the exact details of the emulators.

It's a very confusing topic in general so no thanks needed. A lot of people are misinformed/confused about the whole legality of the emulator scene.

ashwinsinha

Reaction score
umm... an emulator is not present yet.
But i wish a PS3 & Xbox 360 emulator released soon.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
But to emulate those games would require massive amounts of space and RAM I imagine (a good chunk of people's computers probably couldn't handle it)

thebabyhater

Reaction score
Yeah, the emulators themselves are not illegal, just copyrighted ROM images.

As far as a 360 emulator existing, I doubt it. I'm sure one will at some point, but the trend is usually that (stable) emulators are one to two generations behind the consoles themselves. For example, Dreamcast and PS1 emulators are very stable now, but PS2/XBOX/Gamecube ones are still mainly in alpha.

manojlds

Reaction score
How about the other way around? Any ideas? Playing pc games on the 360? just curious...

Mptr23

Reaction score
Hook up your pc monitor to your 360 ?
That's the closest you can get I think....

omoney

Reaction score
even if there was a 360 emulator it probably woudln't work very well. I have yet to encounter a ds emulator that can run good games like Advance Wars Dual Strike.

M

Macaws

Yeah, the emulators themselves are not illegal, just copyrighted ROM images.

As far as a 360 emulator existing, I doubt it. I'm sure one will at some point, but the trend is usually that (stable) emulators are one to two generations behind the consoles themselves. For example, Dreamcast and PS1 emulators are very stable now, but PS2/XBOX/Gamecube ones are still mainly in alpha.

Oh, well I thought both were illegal. :dunno:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, well I thought both were illegal. :dunno:

There's some debate going on in my own mind regarding this actually; if I'm not mistaken (and please correct me ANYONE if I am), the emulator isn't illegal.

HOWEVER: Some emulators require a dump of the Bios onboard the system. I believe those Bios are in the same league as the games themselves - illegal.

So for instance there's a particular emulator I have right now that requires the console's original Bios. Without them, it simply won't run the game. With them it doesn't hesitate.

From what I understand it seems a lot of the newer systems are wanting that Bios if you can get it (Sega, Sega CD, Sega 32x need them depending on emulator choice, PSOne/Two both do although PS2 needs a monster to emulate at anything respectable, NDS needs it, PSP I'd imagine needs it if there's even an emulator available, Wii/360/PS3 probably would but again, emu availablility's the problem). Obviously the older systems are relatively easy to get the bios for, but as they get newer, it gets harder to find them.

So yeah maybe the emulator isn't illegal, but if it needs bios, the emulator's just a rusted padlock that needs a key to open it (bad comparison I know, I just woke up -_-')

And again if anyone knows I'm wrong and has a link to some NON-WAREZ location that explains that both the emulator and it's bios are legal, feel free to lemme know - this particular issue's so confusing it's hard to tell if the emulator is illegal, or if the bios are.

One things for sure though - the games aren't. Least we're all agreeing on that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.