XenForo not sending emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kippykip

Reaction score
Not sure why my site isn't sending any emails at all.
Back when I had phpBB installed, it could only send emails when somebody replied to a topic and it never sent them anything for when they register.

There are no errors in the log at all as well.
Have I configured it correctly?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    57 KB · Views: 15

kippykip

Reaction score
Nevermind my dudes! I found the problem.
I originally set the board's default URL with the .tk domain linked to the website.
Using .tk domains in x10hosting emails gets blocked by the looks.
So what ended up happening is when it sends verification emails, it put a link to the address to verify the account but it used the .tk domain, resulting the email getting picked up by x10hosting's spam detection.

However changing the default board URL in XenForo to the .x10.mx version solved it!
Makes a lot of sense considering how many times .tk domains are used maliciously.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Simple search reveals where to find it, it is not a free software so it would not be present in our one click installs if that's where you were looking.

https://xenforo.com/

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
1) Try checking the "Set return path with the -f parameter" box
2) Try adding that email address in your cPanel as an actual address

When I look up your account info, it shows that you are on x10Premium; for a much faster response time x10Premium customers should open support tickets from the client area at https://clients.x10hosting.com. This forum is for Free Hosting support. In the event that you tried switching to premium between opening this thread, I tried looking up your email address in the free hosting systems, and I see that you had 4 emails blocked by our spam filter on March 7 (it seems due to containing a link to a .tk URL), but they otherwise were all sent out. If you never received those emails, it is possible they are being blocked on the client's end for various reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.