You have to be jokeing right !

Status
Not open for further replies.

rb2tfm

Reaction score
I setup a account with a phpbb forum on it earlier today... I never even
opend the forum as it is for me to learn and test on.. no members but myself.
had it going for about 10 minutes and then your mysql server was wackinh out
so I was unable to use it at all..... then I get this ????????

bullet_red.png
suspension12:49 pmYou have been suspended for high system resource usage. Accounts are suspended for usage when they are detected to have consistently high cpu usage, memory usage, or process amounts. This is an automatic suspension, you're able to unsuspend yourself immediately. Warning 1 of 3

Your hosting account is currently suspended. Follow the instructions below to resolve this issue. if this suspension is not resolved within 31 days your hosting account may be terminated

pass the information below to any support staff if you're having difficulties with your account
your suspension reason code is SPND_RUSAGE1
your account's queue id code is: E0GSC48IFSVK
unsuspension status
your account is currently pending unsuspension. the status of this request is shown below. this message will not appear once your account is successfully unsuspended. if you are having issues using this system, create a support ticket immediately.
action occurringtime submittedstatusaccount unsuspension10:30 pm todayqueue

Think you all best check yourself............:nuts:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I setup a account with a phpbb forum on it earlier today... I never even
opend the forum as it is for me to learn and test on.. no members but myself.
had it going for about 10 minutes and then your mysql server was wackinh out
so I was unable to use it at all..... then I get this ????????

Think you all best check yourself............:nuts:

Hi rb2tfm,

At the moment your account is not suspended,

The high resource usage mayb caused by some plugins and some scripts like chat plugins

for first and second resource usage suspensions can be unsuspended by yourself in account panel --> http://x10hosting.com/panel.php

For third the staff has to unsuspend you.

rb2tfm

Reaction score
I appreciate the reply..but there were / are no plugin etc running.
Just a simple phpbb forum with no members, matter of fact it was not even
setup in full when the server went down..... Had nothing to do with me or my forum.

While I appreciate getting this for free I don't appreciate getting accused of
something I had no control over, especially when 'they' knew it was their fault by
talking to them in IRC.. the server wigged out - bottomline.

Anyway..I am setup elsewhere, sadly I like it here better but im not
about to move it back to here yet any...will wait to see how the service is for a week or so.

Again, Thanks for your reply.

ghardin

Reaction score
Ya Know, I get a lot of problems and slow accesses myself and I also have a site that is nothing but a development site. Only myself and a couple of other people know about it and it does nothing at the moment that has ANY bandwidth or usage of resources. There are no significant scripts running or user activity to trigger the scripts. If I pull up the serve stats in cpanel, it shows memory usage at 100%, when there is no one even accessing it. So I think there is something getting out of whack that we are not being told about. Maybe the CHOPIN problems are affecting the other serves as well?

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
Ya Know, I get a lot of problems and slow accesses myself and I also have a site that is nothing but a development site. Only myself and a couple of other people know about it and it does nothing at the moment that has ANY bandwidth or usage of resources. There are no significant scripts running or user activity to trigger the scripts. If I pull up the serve stats in cpanel, it shows memory usage at 100%, when there is no one even accessing it. So I think there is something getting out of whack that we are not being told about. Maybe the CHOPIN problems are affecting the other serves as well?

You must realize that your not the only user on the server, you may be the only person accessing your own personal website, but there are thousands of accounts on each server which is the reason behind your servers slowdowns.

ghardin

Reaction score
Yes I do understand that. Give us some credit here. The issue is that the stats show cpu at 100% and me and others are getting suspensions because of things that we are not at fault for! That is what is out of line here. I have been reading the posts here for the last few days and the majority of them have something to do with this issue. I can appreciate you trying to defend the service and point out it's inadequacies and yes we might not have these issues on a paid host, but for now this is where we are for various reasons or purposes and to not be able to understand what is causing the problem so we can have a better idea of how to deal with it. If you are working on something and it takes up to a minute for pages to refresh or reload, then THAT IS a problem and we should not be expected to just roll over and accept it. I do expect the speeds to be slower than a paid or dedicated host, but NOT to this extent. To be suspended for having a script that was using resources on a site that was not even fully loaded or setup is pretty bogus.

Last edited:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes I do understand that. Give us some credit here. The issue is that the stats show cpu at 100% and me and others are getting suspensions because of things that we are not at fault for! That is what is out of line here. I have been reading the posts here for the last few days and the majority of them have something to do with this issue. I can appreciate you trying to defend the service and point out it's inadequacies and yes we might not have these issues on a paid host, but for now this is where we are for various reasons or purposes and to not be able to understand what is causing the problem so we can have a better idea of how to deal with it. If you are working on something and it takes up to a minute for pages to refresh or reload, then THAT IS a problem and we should not be expected to just roll over and accept it. I do expect the speeds to be slower than a paid or dedicated host, but NOT to this extent. To be suspended for having a script that was using resources on a site that was not even fully loaded or setup is pretty bogus.

The speeds are very slow that is accepted because some wok is going on in the back. Once it is done then eveything back to normal include speed of site loading.

Regarding your site, It is loading fine here. Flush your browser cache and flush your dns too then try again.

Last edited:

Linkz0rs

Reaction score

We appologize for the inconvenience, the staff are continuously changing things on the server, plus along with the server moves there will be instabilities here and there until patched.
Please have patience as we are working on all the issues.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
To be suspended for having a script that was using resources on a site that was not even fully loaded or setup is pretty bogus.

Installs quite commonly sap resources; phpbb3 in particular has a md5 hashing thing it does on upgrade that it might do on install - it easily takes more than 30 seconds to execute and hogs cpu while it md5 hashes -everything-. I don't seem to recall it doing it on a fresh install but if it does, that'd easily cause it.

That, plus the HRU suspension doesn't trigger just because the server is in high usage - it does it on a per account basis, so /something/ caused it to freak out.

ghardin

Reaction score
gsonline,
yep I know that, but how does what is happening on Chopin affect cossack or any other server? is Staff moving accounts from there to cossack etc and then back, thus overloading the resources etc that we are supposed to have? Is that causing the suspensions and slow times? I am not *****ing about the issues, just about not being included in the explanations of the problems. I appreciate the work that is being done to get things running smoothly again, but pointing the reasons for the problems we are having at what we are doing wrong when it is highly likely that it has something to do with the other problems is what is objectionable. I would say that the majority of users here can understand if we are told what might be causing our problems and what we can expect until it is fixed. That is all we are asking for. Just be straight up with us.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
To be suspended for having a script that was using resources on a site that was not even fully loaded or setup is pretty bogus.

Not really. It's happened before depending on how the program is installed and set up. Have you been successful in getting it set up on your x10hosting account yet?

While I appreciate getting this for free I don't appreciate getting accused of
something I had no control over, especially when 'they' knew it was their fault by
talking to them in IRC.. the server wigged out - bottomline.

That's not the purpose of the suspension. Whether or not you had control over it, the phpbb script reached the cap on CPU usage. There doesn't have to be anything personal about it. The cap has always been in place to help with the server load times for the other thousands of hosting accounts on your server. It's not anyone's fault so just please try it setting it up again. x10hosting will usually work with you to help get through those obstacles in getting your site functioning.

Last edited:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
gsonline,
yep I know that, but how does what is happening on Chopin affect cossack or any other server? is Staff moving accounts from there to cossack etc and then back, thus overloading the resources etc that we are supposed to have? Is that causing the suspensions and slow times? I am not *****ing about the issues, just about not being included in the explanations of the problems. I appreciate the work that is being done to get things running smoothly again, but pointing the reasons for the problems we are having at what we are doing wrong when it is highly likely that it has something to do with the other problems is what is objectionable. I would say that the majority of users here can understand if we are told what might be causing our problems and what we can expect until it is fixed. That is all we are asking for. Just be straight up with us.

I am not saying that chopin updates are causing the problems to your server, As Livewire told something caused it to freak out.

rb2tfm

Reaction score
Installs quite commonly sap resources; phpbb3 in particular has a md5 hashing thing it does on upgrade that it might do on install - it easily takes more than 30 seconds to execute and hogs cpu while it md5 hashes -everything-. I don't seem to recall it doing it on a fresh install but if it does, that'd easily cause it.

That, plus the HRU suspension doesn't trigger just because the server is in high usage - it does it on a per account basis, so /something/ caused it to freak out.

lol.... I have phpbb3 on a old, very old, hp 4450 on a dsl line and it runs just fine.
Keep in mind it also had a irc bot, ftp server and a teamspeak server running along with
the forum..... Im not trying to be a butt, but I sure hope the server specs here are far
better then what I have just listed.

30 gig hdd
Windows XP
348 mb RAM
100 MHz

Anyway, As I said, it is no big dqal now and I can get to my site.

I am already setup elsewhere but will keep my account here to see how things go.
Thank You for your time and patience.

Last edited:

Zimon

Reaction score
Guess this was my fault. This happened to me yesterday and I got suspended.

Soz!

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, i would like to clarify something here so there is a definite answer of what happens with this.

A while ago some changes were implemented for our accounts. Accounts are now checked for high resource usage. This has been tweaked and worked on for a long time.

Now what happens is usage is checked on a per account basis. It has nothing to do with what other users are running at the same time as you on the same server. I myself have installed PHPBB3 on our free-hosting and noticed SOME occasional but extremely rare instances where the usage is so high by the installation of PHPBB3 that i have been suspended by the script.

All in all, what i am trying to say is that a combination of things can cause this, but it was definitely the installation itself that got you suspended.

Due to the nature of this suspension, it should be a once off thing unless your site starts to use major amounts of resources again. In which case we can help determine what is causing the issues.

Sorry for the inconvenience and please, if you have any questions regarding the matter, i'll be more than happy to answer them.

Status
Not open for further replies.