You will get a kick out of this.

Dahlriku

Reaction score
common knolage is that for a 64 bit os you should have at least 2 gigs ram.

i have a 64 bit motherboard, 64 bit dual core processor, 64 bit vista ultimate,a dn dual sli nvidia 8500 gt 512s, on 1 gig of ram. And i can still run Crysis.

thoughts?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Try running with Very High, 1920x1600 (res?) with some Antialasing and see how it goes. And Vista 64-bit doesn't need 2GB of RAM. It needs some 64-bit hardware, but 2GB is recommended.

Zangetsu

Reaction score
my thoughts are: its outdated, my next computer(s) would own yours but meh who cares as long as you can Internet

Zangetsu

Reaction score
if you run windows vista on a machine with 1GB of ram and you have an onboard videocard (integrated into the motherboard) has 265mb of shared ram vista is going to double the amount of shared vgaram to 512mb so that means that you would only have 512(or less) system ram thats why most computers with vista have 2GB ram or more

Zdroyd

Reaction score
Nice, but I never liked Crysis.

It has too many bugs and its just an adverage FPS, nothing special.

But running it on low does not count.

HomerJ

Reaction score
common knolage is that for a 64 bit os you should have at least 2 gigs ram.

i have a 64 bit motherboard, 64 bit dual core processor, 64 bit vista ultimate,a dn dual sli nvidia 8500 gt 512s, on 1 gig of ram. And i can still run Crysis.

thoughts?

Whose common knowledge is that? I now have 4GB of RAM with my 64bit system, but previously I only had 1GB. It could run on far less, I never even come close to using a full gigabyte of memory. I think my system would be nearly as responsive with only 256MB of memory, so long as I don't try to do too many things at once. Although, for the most part, I use fairly light software.

As for Vista, I wouldn't recommend running Vista (any edition) on less than 2GB of RAM, maybe 1GB for a casual web surfer.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
On-board video cards? Pfft. Those things fail!

Zangetsu

Reaction score
if you use intel onboard graphics then yes they do fail cuz its meant for a workstation not a gaming pc

admael

Reaction score
1GB is fine if you were running XP 64, but the requirements for running on Vista 64, you'd need atleast 2GB, that's correct.

But I think you'll do fine @ high/AA off. Those video cards upset me tho :p

tektrnica

Reaction score
not true does, half-life, COD4, have an engine like crysis ? (no they do not) every fps is unique

A good game engine does NOT make a good game... lol Half-Life 2 is still the best game to come out, Crysis doesnt even compare to HL2.

As for the posters point... **** happens. lol PC are strange things, no matter what a game/app's system spec is... its still a fine line between it running and it not... theres too many things to take into consideration.. like, how many processes you got running, memory speed, what real-time checks you got going on while playing games, punkbuster, XAC, etc etc waaaay too many things can alter the performance of a game.