Resolved "Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress."

Status
Not open for further replies.

downpoin

Reaction score
My sight is sending me the message "Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress." when I try to install wordpress, can someone help me solve this issue?

Hi, I man trying to install wordpress on my site but every time I try to install it using Softaculous auto installer I get the message "Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress." can someone help me resolve this issue?

Last edited by a moderator:

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@ downpoin
please post problems/issues under the "free hosting" part of the forums.
thats where you will likely get faster replies.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
From DirectAdmin, go to extras and PHP version. You can select a PHP version and what extensions are allowed. Please note that MySQL has been replaced with MySQLi or PDO MySQL and you should avoid the older MySQL extension when possible.

downpoin

Reaction score
I have selected the MySQLLi extension, but I am now given the Warning: mysqli skipped as conflicting.
The PDO_mysql extension is also selected in my extensions menu.
Where should I go from here?

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There was a problem with the software that allows you to customize the php version that caused your account to not properly utilize that option.

I have now corrected that and your site loads fine for me now.

downpoin

Reaction score
Thanks, the site seems to be working great! When I signed into my dashboard it is still telling me that I need a PHP version update, though the site that it takes me to says "Good news - CloudLinux already took care about the PHP version of your website", I'm ok then?
Again, thanks for the help.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It sounds like it does that automatically if you have a version of PHP that is lagging behind the latest. I don't think anyone here is an expert; if you have issues you might have to look into the CloudLinux forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.