Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress.

Gilbert_ik

Reaction score
My site is sending me the message "Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress." After installing WordPress.

I have tried upgrading to PHP version 8 and I have also downloaded the latest version 6.1 of WordPress. Still did not work.
I have ticked the mysqli box and also the pdo_mysql but still, the error is there.

I don't know what I am doing wrong.Can somebody help?

Gilbert_ik

Reaction score
Yes there is a check mark on "mysqli" I have tried checking and unchecking thee box but nothing changes.

ctyrd

Reaction score
Yes there is a check mark on "mysqli" I have tried checking and unchecking thee box but nothing changes.

URL of your site and message. Or are you getting this message during install. Did you use Softaculous Auto Installer to install? Any plugins?

Just installed Wordpress 6.1 with Softaculous Auto Installer and php version 7.4. Getting no warnings. Removed installation: at ctyrd/wp

Last edited:

Gilbert_ik

Reaction score
Wordpress is already installed using the softaculous auto installer but when I redirect to the URL from Wordpress after installation is when I see the error message

ctyrd

Reaction score
@Gilbert_ik
It's probably a plugin. At this point I need the url.
Good luck.

--------
Removed installation: at ctyrd/wp

Last edited:

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My site is sending me the message "Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress." After installing WordPress.

I have tried upgrading to PHP version 8 and I have also downloaded the latest version 6.1 of WordPress. Still did not work.
I have ticked the mysqli box and also the pdo_mysql but still, the error is there.

I don't know what I am doing wrong.Can somebody help?
I do not see a wordpress install on your account currently

Gilbert_ik

Reaction score
Softaculous Auto Installer and php version 7.4. WP basic install is not getting any warnings. Your link could be a forgery: ctyrd.org/gilbert.php. If not just use the quick install.
what do you mean by forgery? I tried quick install but still the error is persistent

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure what you been attempting to do, but you do currently have a non functional domain set on your account.

You would need to sort this out to be able to get a usable site (not even sure you could register a .m10 domain anywhere so I'm guessing it is a typo).

Once you sorted that, please try installing WordPress now, if the cause of your issues is what I think it should now have been resolved, if not it may be best to terminate current service and allow you to start a fresh one especially since you currently do not have a site up anyways.