Your remote database stuff makes no sense

slpixe

Reaction score
Right, Of course I have searched the forums for an answer. Because what I want is to be able to connect to my database via MySQL connect, so I can sort out a catalogue and some other useful functions I am unable to perform via PHPMyadmin.

So on the forum, you say that we are forbidden from doing this..

So why on the cpanel does it have "Remote MySQL" Where I can put an IP that you say I can connect to the database from....

Anyway, in case you do happen to tell me it is at all possible. Then can I use the "shared ip" for the connection address, then what do I use for "Server Host" ?

Thanks in advance.

woiwky

Reaction score
I believe that you can connect remotely to your x10 mysql server, but you cannot connect to remote mysql servers from x10.

So which is it that you're trying to do? Connect to your x10 db from your home comp, or connect to the db on your home comp from x10? The former is possible, but the latter isn't. However you can send a request from x10 to your comp's server, and of course vice versa. So it is possible to have a script on your comp act as an intermediary between x10 and your db.

slpixe

Reaction score
I want it so I can run my site via Database driven.

So if anyone else has done this and achieved any result, please let me know.

I'm really after a guide or something, cause my guide includes just using dream weaver and dragging and dropping databases and using its menu's to create the code.

So any really good useful Database driven tutorials or guides please =D

ASPX.King

Reaction score
if you want to connect to the database on your own computer, like with your php scripting program or something, that's what that remote database thing is for. many hosts, like godaddy, do not allow this, i don't know if x10 lets you or not.

if you want to install a php program on your website, then remote database is not required, as it is not remote. it would be on x10's servers.

slpixe

Reaction score
-_-

1.On the cpanel, there is an option to allow external connections to the database via adding your ip to its allow list.

2.I cannot find any information about the server e.g. ip, server host name.

3.I want to be able to connect to the database so I may easily make a database dynamic site (a site that is hosted off the database (( the pages information is stored in the database )) you may have seen stuff like www.example.com/id=home
That is getting the home record off a database, and displaying the contents coloums information..

4. If in the end I cannot connect to the database via MySQL administrator (software from MySQL to connect to a database to perform actions and functions on it (the function im after is catalogue ((which is not avaliable in phpmyadmin)).
Also I want to connect to it in dreamweaver because dreamweaver can do some code which I do not know (unless someone can provide me with a good tutoral for dynamic website creation with some example code and stuff.).

Thanks in advance.
(hope this clears some stuff up..)

Last edited:

slpixe

Reaction score
Guys this isnt solved yet, I just want to know if anyone knows any good places to find out about creating dynamic pages from database content.

jjpeacha

Reaction score
I don't really understand why you are making this so hard for your self?

kkenny

Reaction score
Your making it too complicated for anyone to understand including me. Can you clearly specify what you want done?

pilap82

Reaction score
Hi,
I think i have a similar issue.
the question is: what is the address of the x10 MySQL server?

in other word if i have the following PHP code on a server different than x10

Code:
$hostname_cn = "?????????????????????";
$database_cn = "myDB";
$username_cn = "user";
$password_cn = "myPass";

$cn = mysql_pconnect($hostname_cn, $username_cn, $password_cn) or die(mysql_error());
mysql_select_db($database_cn);

what should I put in the first line (in place of the ?s)

Thanks,
Pierre

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Lets clear this up, shall we?

x10 does not allow remote connections to MySQL. ( So having a PHP file off-site connecting to x10's MySQL is not allowed ) As Corey stated once "We are a web hosting company, not a database service"

pilap82

Reaction score
Starshine, sorry for asking a dumb question, but what is the point of the "Remote MySQL" function if it's not to connect to remotely connect to the MySQL database?
What would be the right use of this feature?

(i'm not challenging you here, that's a real question :dunno:)

thanks
Pierre

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Hi,
I think i have a similar issue.
the question is: what is the address of the x10 MySQL server?

in other word if i have the following PHP code on a server different than x10

Code:

$hostname_cn = "?????????????????????";
$database_cn = "myDB";
$username_cn = "user";
$password_cn = "myPass";

$cn = mysql_pconnect($hostname_cn, $username_cn, $password_cn) or die(mysql_error());
mysql_select_db($database_cn);

what should I put in the first line (in place of the ?s)

Thanks,
Pierre

you should use "localhost"

slpixe

Reaction score
Alright I will leave it as that, I will just design a script to show content from fields from database,

Thanks a lot for the replys

phpasks

Reaction score
-_-

1.On the cpanel, there is an option to allow external connections to the database via adding your ip to its allow list. ===
i)You can add your internet IP in how to find your ip
Just go here http://www.phpasks.com top your ip --> that ip added into
Go to Mysql Databse
Access Host -- text box put your ip here then You can access remote database access for that ip.

4. If in the end I cannot connect to the database via MySQL administrator (software from MySQL to connect to a database to perform actions and functions on it (the function im after is catalogue ((which is not avaliable in phpmyadmin)).
Also I want to connect to it in dreamweaver because dreamweaver can do some code which I do not know (unless someone can provide me with a good tutoral for dynamic website creation with some example code and stuff.).

i)You can add your internet IP in how to find your ip
Just go here http://www.phpasks.com top your ip --> that ip added into
Go to Mysql Databse
Access Host -- text box put your ip here then You can access remote database access for that ip.