YouTube

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Anyone know reasons why YouTube is slow for me even thought I'm on a 100 mbps line? It takes up to 30 min - an hour to load a 4 min video :(

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Anyone know reasons why YouTube is slow for me even thought I'm on a 100 mbps line? It takes up to 30 min - an hour to load a 4 min video :(
Does this kind of problem only happen at YouTube?

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Does this kind of problem only happen at YouTube?

Yes. It started happening a couple of months ago, but then it was alright for a couple of months. Now when I'm back from vacation it statrted happening again.

lCjNv8.jpg

That's how it looks like now...

Some videos loads instantly though, but most is slower than a snail

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
YouTube has been terrible the last couple of weeks for me. Most of the servers have been fast, though they have been of course, slow. Just within the past two days however, videos are barely loading or not loading at all, with the fast server showing up here and there but very hard to grab. I'm on a 24Mbps DSL line at the moment (modem is still uncapped) and yes, it's working correctly as there's no buffering on Vimeo 4K videos. Right now YouTube won't spit out any more than 25KB/s on any video. Bare enough for even the 240p videos.

It's YouTube. Try again late in the night and it should be working quickly again.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I guess YouTube is gonna die soon then, as it seems they can't fix the issue...

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
YouTube has always had some sort of issue regarding bandwidth, even when it first started with low quality videos. They've been much better lately especially with handing the higher quality videos, but they still need to improve the speed to the site and such.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I think Smith6612 has correctly diagnosed the problem. I don't use YouTube much but it sounds like they are having issues with bandwidth and possibly overloaded servers.
I guess YouTube is gonna die soon then, as it seems they can't fix the issue...
I think you are right about that.

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
Youtube is earning from the sponsorship of events of companies and organization, for example they did broadcast India premier league to the world except India in april 2010.So how it can die?
It is really unfortunate to know that videos don't work with that much of bandwidth.I have only 239.5 Kbps GPRS/EDGE connection and I can't view streaming videos of Youtube on my s40v3 mobile phone.I have to use other sites which uses Gdata API of Youtube to watch video, because Youtube don't show correct 3gp format for my phone.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
YouTube won't die until Google either runs out of money or comes up with something better. Of course, it could 'socially' die, as in lose the interest to a competitor, but I don't see any competitors that have anywhere near the potential nor capabilities that YouTube has.
For the most part, I seem to get a very good connection and load time to YouTube, however, I do occasionally experience the issues described. It could just be that the nearest servers are fully loaded and your request is getting forwarded to a server in another part of the world.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
YouTube is back to speed for me, holding at ~20Mbps on the HD videos. There are still some slow servers or pauses which occur, but loads better than last week.

GtoXic

x10 Support
Reaction score
eversince they added the prewatch stuff, I've been having problems. Also I got it to a 502 error :O. I think google should lay off editing it for now. Who agrees?

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
I agree. They need to sort out site functionality first. For the past week the site's been running like crap for me in the evenings. It isn't my connection, as it's once again, YouTube's fault. My speed average fell from over 8000Kbps to 200kbps according to http://youtube.com/my_speed .Only recently has it started to head back up slowly, where the current average is now 1432kbps

Last edited:

Bigbucks2528

Reaction score
I herd they are going ot make youtube paid, maybe they are getting all these ""cool"" features so you will be tempted to purchase a membership?

jerome990

Reaction score
YouTube has always had some sort of issue regarding bandwidth, even when it first started with low quality videos. They've been much better lately especially with handing the higher quality videos, but they still need to improve the speed to the site and such .