Zero Tolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

For some reason, a lot of our members think it's okay to use nulled scripts, host warez, etc... on their accounts. We've been lenient in the past and actually made a 7 day suspension time for this offense. We will no longer do this.

If you are caught with a nulled script, warez, XXX material, anything against our free hosting ToS your account will be suspended pending termination.

THINK before you upload that nulled vB. We have automatic checking for almost all nulled scripts out there. That means we don't even have to look! We get notified when our scanner runs. We also work very closely with companies like vBulletin and check for valid licenses on a daily basis.

If you want to take a chance and upload warez, you better be ready to have your account terminated. There is no excuse, not your little brother did it, not your grandmother did it. You are solely responsible for your account. Warez or anything against the ToS on your account will now mean your losing it. No more chances.

psg_mx

Reaction score
I'm sorry but i can't understand, what a meen nulled script, warez. what is the extension of the file that threat the Tos? please be most specific Corey Thanks I'll be waiting you answer before i upload files to my CP

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
What are you talking about?

A nulled script is a script that needs a license, and someone has "nulled" or removed the file that makes sure you have a valid license key. Therefore making the script/system illegal.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I agree on the part of Warez and nulled scripts. I don't see why people need to pirate forum software or even similar software, etc when yet there's almost always an open source/free alternative. Take SMF for example. Very powerful forum system, as well as phpBB 3 and in the case of SMF, you can turn it into a mini CMS using the ssi.php file (?) that comes with the software.

psg mx, a nulled script is a script that was hacked so that it doesn't phone home and can be used fully. This happens on software you have to pay for but obtained it by other means. That is illegal. Basically, if you're getting software for free from SourceForge or even from Fantastico, you're fine, but if you're going to be uploading software that you need/should have a license for, you better make sure it's legit and you have a valid license to the software. Hope this explains some things.

zer0ne1337

Reaction score
Corey, its a very good decision! I agree with you, TOS should be followed seriously by every member.

psg_mx

Reaction score
ok guys all of my doubts resolved, and thank you very much and forgive me im just a beginner.

botbg

Reaction score
I totally agree with this, I found out that TONS of people have been using nulled scripts, especially Vbulletin.

Those people shouldn't only have their account suspended, but their ISP and local police (or FBI) contacted as they are pirating software and breaks copyrights.

Lol at "Not Your Grandmother did it" :p

xPlozion

Reaction score
i agree with this. although vb costs alot, there are free alternatives and ipb is a bit cheaper if you still want something powerful with technical support.

not saying that i do, but what if you've got a file upload script that's got a ton of holes in it (originally designed to upload images or w/e), but a _member_ uploads something illegal. will you guys warn the account owner ahead of time so we can take action on those who've uploaded the said material, or would the account be terminated?

again, not saying that i do, but just looking to answer questions that others would have ;)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
i agree with this. although vb costs alot, there are free alternatives and ipb is a bit cheaper if you still want something powerful with technical support.

not saying that i do, but what if you've got a file upload script that's got a ton of holes in it (originally designed to upload images or w/e), but a _member_ uploads something illegal. will you guys warn the account owner ahead of time so we can take action on those who've uploaded the said material, or would the account be terminated?

again, not saying that i do, but just looking to answer questions that others would have ;)

Well, for as far as I know, despite the uploader, the site owner is responsible for any of their data on the disk. It seems to be the way things flow as it's hard without the proper authorities to be able to track down who uploaded what file, and where that person got it from, etc. but ultimately, if anyone is going to have an uploader on their site, it should be moderated or at least log what is uploaded, and the log checked from time to time.

xPlozion

Reaction score
I dont think your supposed to have an upload script.
i believe you are allowed to have an upload script, as long as you don't break any rules, such as no warez, you have to have a site (not just a file hosting account), etc, and that you stay within the resources given to you.

in my example, it was intended to be either an image uploader for an avatar, or a help system which let you upload txt files or w/e... be creative!

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
There will be special circumstances in some case but they will be VERY rare.

There will never be a warning with free hosting accounts, the account will be suspended pending termination, at that time you can open a ticket and request a review. We will no longer waste time dealing with people who can't follow the ToS. No more chances!

And about the grandmother doing it, you don't even know the excuses we've heard.

johndass

Reaction score
I support the zero tolerance also and hereby subject myself to it.

Maintaning a strict morale will help to keep x10 hosting free for the masses, like myself, who genuinely want to learn web technology.

Let us all support X10 to keep it clean, fast and effective so all of us members can benefit. :)

It is our way of giving thanks to X10 owners who so generously share their resources with us.

dquigley

Reaction score
Isnt vbulletin free? Why would people use a cracked version? Also where are they using, hosting these "nulled" scripts? Did you mean they are posting them on the forum or they are using you guys to host them? Thanks.

Blazer9131

Reaction score
Isnt vbulletin free? Why would people use a cracked version? Also where are they using, hosting these "nulled" scripts? Did you mean they are posting them on the forum or they are using you guys to host them? Thanks.

Nah, but if by free, you mean it costs $180.00 per script, then yeah =P

To the second question, they use a Nulled version because it bypasses any protection the script might have.

To the 3rd question, I don't understand what your trying to ask.

To the 4th question, they host it on their actual account, so they can actually USE the script, not download the script.

Hope that helps =P

~Blaze

dquigley

Reaction score
Nah, but if by free, you mean it costs $180.00 per script, then yeah =P

To the second question, they use a Nulled version because it bypasses any protection the script might have.

To the 3rd question, I don't understand what your trying to ask.

To the 4th question, they host it on their actual account, so they can actually USE the script, not download the script.

Hope that helps =P

~Blaze

Yeah it did thanks, im surprised they charge that much when phpbb is free :p Ive used lots of forums before and I thought I used vbulletin but I guess I was thinking of something else, anyways thanks again! :biggrin:

Blazer9131

Reaction score
Yeah it did thanks, im surprised they charge that much when phpbb is free :p Ive used lots of forums before and I thought I used vbulletin but I guess I was thinking of something else, anyways thanks again! :biggrin:

No problem mate,

I'm an Admin on a site which uses a legit vBull, It's really awesome =D. Heavily Modded PHPBB's are almost as good, but you have to work really hard to get them perfect. *Using pre-moded one's is alright, but I'd rather work on my scripts*

~Blaze

blueiron

Reaction score
Got to love how people abuse things that are GRANTED to them.
I'm so happy to just find a host promising as much as X10 does, and actually have that promise backed!
I mean, waiting a few days for my hosting account is nothing as long as I get the service I've heard about. :)

I program most of my own systems. I only use third party apps for Calendaring/forums/sitemap generation. As far as I know none of the apps I have required payment, to date. Most only want disclaimers and saved copyrights, if that.

I'm sure there are plenty of perks to buying internet apps, like reliable support and security, but I've always found a free alternative to them. If the free alternative lacks a function, I just program it in...

Status
Not open for further replies.