Zoho Mail Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

franci81

Reaction score
Hi.

Prior to moving to x10 I had zoho mail setup and working. For some reason it stopped also prior to moving however I did not have time to resolve it then. Now that I am building a new business I need to get it working.

I contacted zoho about the problem, they told me as far as they could see from the screenshots I provided, everything was setup correctly and the problem is with the DNS register.

I contacted the DNS register, and they told me everything is setup correctly, but the problem is the hosting. To be fair, I can change setting here in x10, that can be seen by the DNS register.

However, no matter what I try, I still get the message:

"This website is not properly configured."

whenever I try to access my zoho mail account using mail.francisrodgers.com

I can access my website without problem. But I cannot submit forms or send / receive emails.

I have followed all the various directions from making changes in the DNS register, to changing here in x10 cPanel's various mail tabs.

• I have registered my domain name with xtraorbit.
  • I have my hosting done here at x10.
  • I have my mail done by zoho.
  • I use WordPress for the site on x10 so I dont know if there is anything there that may interfere because I am new to WordPress too.
The site works fine, I just cant build a contact form and have it sent by email, and I also cant login or receive mails sent to my mail address on zoho.

Can anyone help with this problem. It would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Francis Rodgers.

lylex10h

Reaction score
You need to set the CNAME/A record for mail.francisrodgers.com to point to the zoho servers to access the zoho webmail at mail.francisrodgers.com

franci81

Reaction score
You need to set the CNAME/A record for mail.francisrodgers.com to point to the zoho servers to access the zoho webmail at mail.francisrodgers.com
I have deleted the cname record and re-added. My dns provider also has a cname record. I deleted records there except the ones needed to point my name at x10 for hosting. x10 manages everything else. So I have put the cname there.

The spf / dkim / dmark records all work fine. I can now receive emails and login after a propagation period.

Just a note for my own future reference. I need to ensure I remove all details from my dns provider except the website redirection and handle all email and other settings with the hosting provider (x10 in this case).

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.