Resource Usage Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tideas

Reaction score
lol, the lower limit tht Byron raised only prolongue my website's inevitable. Suspended once again :(

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Oh!. My account has been downgraded to PHP v2. I was in PHP v3. My memory limit is slightly high. So, I got suspended in just 2 page loads. That too, i tried to log-in to my CMS to disable some MODs temporarily until I get my PHPv3 application approved.

What I have to do now? I have some handful of users. Most users are from India and they will be visiting my site in day time (Now, its 10AM in India). I think, my suspension time will increase dramatically.

I didn't disable some MODs. My account got suspended before that.

Please help me.. :crying:

Make sure an administrator has told you to upgrade to v3, or else you are guaranteed to get denied.

NetoBochas

Reaction score
Well, with this thread I've got a new question: What's the CPU Usage Limit that the script enforces?

Thanks.

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
It's all outlined with examples in the first post.

NetoBochas

Reaction score
Yes, but following the thread, the administrators have raised little by little the limit, as it was too strict.

And now, The limit has got unclear.

Thanks in advance.

kajasweb

Reaction score
@Brandon

I was previously in V3... But, recently all V3 users are downgraded to V2. So, I'm requesting for V3 again.

lionheart8

Reaction score
I have had my Drupal site suspended 3 times since yesterday, 2 times today in rapid succession due to high resource usage.

I am the only one on the site, which is still under construction and the only activity going on was uploading/editing some images in all cases.
I have always had Drupal since I came to x10hosting in 2005, often with other stuff running, like working on my site in several windows with no problem.

Anyway, in the current case, do I avoid uploading or editing images or what? They are an important feature of my sites. As said, there's been a maximum of 2 visitors on the site, both being me in 2 browser windows.

I also noticed I was demoted from V3 to V2 php version ... (not sure when, but probably a short while ago).

Any advice on the way forward?

Last edited:

DaveDaDon

Reaction score
yea my site got suspended again xD
right after it got unsuspended... bah

what i dont understand is why allow 20 gb per month
if u only allow like 400 mb traffic to automatically get suspended

ps; i dont think the automatic unsuspension works
and everyone is now subject to iframe DoS now since its easy to get suspended

xenth

Reaction score
This is so bad.. I guess i have to remove some of wp plugins but then again, what's the point? I think i'll start looking for a paid hosting.. again, this is so bad :(

things are getting more and more limited and crowded. Instead of limit our options, why not just kill the registrations, at least for a while?

Last edited:

brochos

Reaction score
Wow! This is great. I've never seen the server (absolut) running so quickly in a while. The server load also seems to be keeping nice and low. Keep up the good work...

(in response to all the above complaints): I guess what's good for some is bad for others. After all, there's gotta be a limit. Otherwise, who knows what some ppl would be running...

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
yea my site got suspended again xD
right after it got unsuspended... bah

what i dont understand is why allow 20 gb per month
if u only allow like 400 mb traffic to automatically get suspended

ps; i dont think the automatic unsuspension works
and everyone is now subject to iframe DoS now since its easy to get suspended

We don't suspend you off of traffic usage, it's CPU usage.

Last edited:

NetoBochas

Reaction score
Again Brandon, what's the value/percent of the limit... I still have that unclear. And I really would like to know.

Regards.

kemraj

Reaction score
yea i did not or never crossed 1% and i'm being suspended why

kemraj

Reaction score
I don't under stand this on the server
Disk /dev/sda3 (/var) whats that
Edit:
one this i found out is that any time a google bot comes to my site and i refresh the account information page the cpu load increases and when it goes and i refresh the page again it decreases. So i don't know if we are the one to be blamed for thing. I have been looking at this very carefully. What do you thing bryon?

Last edited:

nakg0d

Reaction score
Well, after the unsuspension on my account (I simply have redirected the bulk of my traffic to another host because of the growing bandwidth consumption that I also realized), I have been quite happy with the overall speed of the entire website. There are almost no timeouts, if there ever were any to begin with, and I notice that the Server Load barely breaks the 1.0 mark now, during the times that I have checked the Server Status via cPanel.

Great work with this script, must say.

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
I don't under stand this on the server
Disk /dev/sda3 (/var) whats that
Edit:
one this i found out is that any time a google bot comes to my site and i refresh the account information page the cpu load increases and when it goes and i refresh the page again it decreases. So i don't know if we are the one to be blamed for thing. I have been looking at this very carefully. What do you thing bryon?

Guys, the overall server load increasing and decreasing is not caused by a few page refreshes. Pages being loaded off your sites would have just about an unnoticeable impact on the system's overall load.

The resource usage script only checks for scripts/programs running continuously for a period of time. Unless the script/page being loaded is doing some crazy stuff (Infinitely looping, using a lot of memory, opening a million HTTP or MySQL connections, etc) for a long period of time, you're not going to be suspended.

The system has a lot of tolerance and gives a lot of leeway before even thinking of suspending your account. The only time that the tolerance is lowered is when the server's load is high. Different servers' loads will occasionally rise during peak hours. If your account is using a lot of server resources during these times there is a higher chance that it may be looked into by the script. Even in situations like this the script still gives a lot of leeway.

It is not perfect, there still are some bugs and issues with the system. Corey and I are working to perfect it though, making changes when we see it is necessary.

Last edited:

mr kennedy

Reaction score
Guys, the overall server load increasing and decreasing is not caused by a few page refreshes. Pages being loaded off your sites would have just about an unnoticeable impact on the system's overall load.

The resource usage script only checks for scripts/programs running continuously for a period of time. Unless the script/page being loaded is doing some crazy stuff (Infinitely looping, using a lot of memory, opening a million HTTP or MySQL connections, etc) for a long period of time, you're not going to be suspended.

The system has a lot of tolerance and gives a lot of leeway before even thinking of suspending your account. The only time that the tolerance is lowered is when the server's load is high. Different servers' loads will occasionally rise during peak hours. If your account is using a lot of server resources during these times there is a higher chance that it may be looked into by the script. Even in situations like this the script still gives a lot of leeway.

It is not perfect, there still are some bugs and issues with the system. Corey and I are working to perfect it though, making changes when we see it is necessary.

you said it yourself, but it is a bit unbelievable that you say that the server has a lot of tolerance... I've never had any problems with my account until this past week when my account gets suspended all over again over time... i know, machines may not be correct always and I do not mean to insult you, Corey or your programming skills but it looks to me that you have a serious bug with the script and it's causing x10's good reputation...

hope you understand....

componentwarehouse

Reaction score
I dont mind the usage ban, think its a good idea, but what would be useful is an email when your accounts suspended, for any reason, so that we would know its been suspended, otherwise, until we visit it ourselves we have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.