Resource Usage Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr kennedy

Reaction score
I dont mind the usage ban, think its a good idea, but what would be useful is an email when your accounts suspended, for any reason, so that we would know its been suspended, otherwise, until we visit it ourselves we have no idea.

that would also be a great idea ;)

EDIT:

I don't think the system is accurate enough... I now only have mini-mods enabled in my forum yet i still get suspended...

Last edited:

Werewolf

Reaction score
I got 1 small idea though ( its just an idea )
how about set the script to only automaticly start suspending people when the server load reaches 30% ( i mean total server load, not per user )
I dont think that would do much problems or cause any lag though, Its just a suggestion

takuhii

Reaction score
I dont mind the usage ban, think its a good idea, but what would be useful is an email when your accounts suspended, for any reason, so that we would know its been suspended, otherwise, until we visit it ourselves we have no idea.
imagine the load on the server when sending all those emails out though??!!??

I get suspended regularly, even when there is no traffic on my account... I know the high resource usage thing is there for a reason, and I welcome it, the guys have done a great job so far, I just wish I could figure out what is cauing my problem, becuase I HAVEN'T changed a thing...

Last edited:

elmosca

Reaction score
ok this is the first suspension that i know happened to me, its already fixed, but im here to tell you that happened right before i installed phpbb2 using Fantástico De Luxe, that cant be right, i mean its supposed to work fine its not right if that causes suspension... i guess the suspension script need more attention on details.

mr kennedy

Reaction score
imagine the load on the server when sending all those emails out though??!!??

I get suspended regularly, even when there is no traffic on my account... I know the high resource usage thing is there for a reason, and I welcome it, the guys have done a great job so far, I just wish I could figure out what is cauing my problem, becuase I HAVEN'T changed a thing...

well i have been also suspended constantly since the resource usage script became online and it's just hard to believe that script is very tolerant. i think it's not tolerant at all :(

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Hey guys, want to let you know that I've updated the 'formula' a little bit. We'll see how the changes affect your accounts being suspended. Remember that this is a system that we're still tweaking and working any issues out of.

manzoor

Reaction score
hey i don't understand what corey means ?

What should I avoid ?

takuhii

Reaction score
Hey guys, want to let you know that I've updated the 'formula' a little bit. We'll see how the changes affect your accounts being suspended. Remember that this is a system that we're still tweaking and working any issues out of.

Thnaks for that Bryon, it does seem to have alleviated my suspensions a little. Would would be super-cool though, would be some way of diagnosing what part of the site is triggering these resource hugging episodes.

I am in the process of "MINIFY-ING" my JS and CSS to prevent any resource hogging...

Last edited:

blackpsycho

Reaction score
i haven't had any problems with it.. but i'm not running alot of cpu usage stuff on my site.. it'd be nice if i could find something to see exactly what i'm using.. i could be just below the limit or something.. i'm going to be adding some stuff thats going to be using more cpu but i don't know if i should. the only thing that really uses the cpu on my site is tsviewer,which updates every 5 minutes, and my login script that accesses my mysql database every page refresh. maybe these things are small compared to what you guys are running.

kemraj

Reaction score
like i was say since phpbb3 is still a rc alot of people will get suspended because their is a lot of bug in the scripts. So it not really us that are using up resources,

xenth

Reaction score
I got suspended last night twice (1st 15 mins, 2nd time 30mins). Now I got suspended again for 15 mins. It's driving me crazy!

I'm running wordpress and i've disabled most of the plugins but no matter what i do, i get suspended at least once every 2 days.

I tend to think the suspention is due to large traffic volume. I got a post stumbledupon and it got like 2000 visits in 1 day.

What do you think i should do? Should I start thinking about changing hostings from free to a paid one? Or is there a way here, on x10, to change the accoung type to something more advanced? I'm willing to display one or more x10 adds on the site. The size of the add(s) doesn't matter.

I don't want to leave x10 but i can't go on this way. Help me, please!

Thanks!

Turmith

Reaction score
If they ran a script like that to report on the CPU usage on every single user on the server, it would use so much CPU that they would have to suspend themselves.
That would not be Good!

munim

Reaction score
Probably the best form of moderation i have seen in any free hosting service..
Nice idea.

markstallon

Reaction score
i am waiting from 6 days and i think this is more than 15 minutes i have pm and done all the things not a single response hey atleast provide my webiste data back yaar. i know resources are not to be wasted but please atleast give response na..

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
i am waiting from 6 days and i think this is more than 15 minutes i have pm and done all the things not a single response hey atleast provide my webiste data back yaar. i know resources are not to be wasted but please atleast give response na..

I am not trying to be mean or rude, but just wanting to state that you probably were ignored by the staff if you were just randomly PMing them and requesting help. As for having waited 6 days ... I searched your previous posts and found you had been unsuspended once ( http://forums.x10hosting.com/level-two-support/43742-unsuspension-request-marble.html ) and instead of reopening the thread to announce that you are still having troubles, you started or posted in 3 other threads.
We really have a hard time keeping up with people that post all over the forum. If you are having problems, please stick to one thread so we can do our best to work with you.

markstallon

Reaction score
ok i got it but i dont understand what to do , was there something wrong with my joomla installation or as i was switched to ad free pack that was problem but i dont think so as they havwe given option for adfree pack

gcottick

Reaction score
Just a note to let you know I appreciate your efforts to try to keep resource utilization somewhat under control. I:biggthump

know this can be a total bear to manage so I wish you luck in your coding refinements and communication to the user community. :fingersx:

Regards... Gcottick

Slothie

Reaction score
Thnaks for that Bryon, it does seem to have alleviated my suspensions a little. Would would be super-cool though, would be some way of diagnosing what part of the site is triggering these resource hugging episodes.

I am in the process of "MINIFY-ING" my JS and CSS to prevent any resource hogging...

Data transfer doesn't really hurt the server. Dynamically minifying your JS/CSS would increase the server load as you need to run the minifier when you server the files.

Status
Not open for further replies.