MMORPG's: Whats Good? apart from WOW?

nciampa

Reaction score
please list your mmorpg's with a rating and a short description.

Please include a web link.

szaer

Reaction score
Perfect World is pretty good. It's free, and it's probably the closest to WoW that a free game gets (advanced wise).

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
dofus.com

i like it next to wow, but its unique.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Moved to Gamers Lounge.

Aaaaaand... I'm not really a RPG kinda guy, unless it's a rocket-propelled grenade, in which case, I'd happily have fun with that.

jtrash

Reaction score
This is mostly for Sci-Fi fans.
I play www.anarchy-online.com
The main world is free and you can optionally buy expansion packs of the game.

The game is old more than 5 years. Its graphics are outdated -but a new upgraded graphics engine is in development..
Its professions are not the usual Fantasy-RPG types. Eg It has Engineer,Doctor,Nano Technician,Meta Physisist etc..

I am a Sci-Fi fan and this is the best Sci Fi game I seen so far.
Eve online is I think the top SciFi game but from what I read (=not sure) you control a spaceship -not a character...
Another game that seems interesteing but haven't tried it yet is Tabula Rasa (http://eu.rgtr.com/en/).

Comparing to WoW I can say that I know at least 5 people that left AO, played WoW until they reached top level to one of their characters and came back to AO .
Some other friends I have ,said that AO stats are more complex than WoW..

If you're a sci-fi fan I suggest you give it a try (download the classic-free version) .

If you want to just laugh (and know good english) try a browser mmorpg text-based game : www.kingdomofloathing.com :biggrin::biggrin::nuts::biggrin:

arygos

Reaction score
Some people say Runescape is good. I don't play it because I'm a girl but you could check it out, might like it. www.runescape.com

...you don't play it because you're a girl? I'm a girl and I play all sorts of games - and I love world of warcraft. (Halo too, but that's a different story).

This just struck me a bit. Girls play games too. <3 And we're not all ugly ;)

As for MMORPG's that are good other than WoW, I'm not completely sure. I do, however, love counterstrike online.

cybergig

Reaction score
Air Rivals is a good game, I have played it before when the name was SpaceCowboy Online, seems that the newer company that took charge of the game hasn't screwed it up.... yet......

http://www.airrivals.net/

Last edited:
D

dWhite

I think that Rapellz is good, it's on http://gpotato.com , made by the same people as Flyff

Yea, but the reviews for Rappelz are terrible. The server lags horribly even when there is barely anyone on, and the GUI is laggy also.

If you're looking for a free mmorpg, I would go with FlyFF over Rappelz anyday.

gcentral

Reaction score
I played Guild Wars for 2 years, then went to WoW for 2 and now that I'm 70 and bored with it I've gone back to Guild Wars. It doesn't have the depth that WoW does but the PvP is a blast and there are TONS of skills to get over the 3 expansions. Plus there are Heroes and Henchman (NPCs of all classes) that you can take with you if your not the social type or you can't find a healer. No professions though and no auction house. I'm hoping those will come in GW2. But on the plus side, no monthly fee :)

DRT00

Reaction score
Lord of the Rings Online (http://www.lotro.com/) is pretty good. Star Wars Galaxies used to be pretty good, but I haven't played it in a long time and I've heard that they've made some pretty massive changes, so I can't really recommend it.